·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
650 Posts
if cars suck all the water, what are we going to drink then? petrol? :smashfrea

i guess, if everything was so easy we would be running on water by now. do not you think so? even taking into account anti-water and pro-oil lobbyists.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
maybe its not being pushed because acouple states are already having problems with water shortages...maybe...
Plus the price of water would then skyrocket and its too valuable to the human race for that to happen...

ill call AL GORE lol

if it works though, hope you get to use it and save money but wont there be issues with internal parts and stuff like that?

·
Registered
650 Posts
i watched it. they say it is a new patent. so it was developed relatively recently. the guy found what everybody apparently overlooked. we will see how it develops.

he claims that only 1/4 gallon of water is required to run 900 miles. may be quite average power performance, but still very impressive! performance is just a matter of time.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
i watched it. they say it is a new patent. so it was developed relatively recently. the guy found what everybody apparently overlooked. we will see how it develops.

he claims that only 1/4 of a gallon is required to run 900 miles. may be quite average power performance, but still very impressive! performance is just a matter of time.
how much water is needed to make 1/4 of gallon or do you mean 1/4 gallon of water?

damn that is very interesting

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
a liter of water go 900 miles? seems too good lol

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
if cars suck all the water, what are we going to drink then? petrol? :smashfrea
Most of earth is water. :smashfrea :fing02:

I say we put some huge industrial facility up on Lake Tahoe to piss all the dudes there off. They're always bragging about how beautiful it is up there without smog, but they drive huge pickups and use super polluting boats, lmao.

·
Registered
544 Posts
This is hog wash......no way it can work. Yes chemically you can use electrolysis to make H and O but this system could not make enough to make a difference. Back in the older airplane days they used H2O water injection for power.......

·
Registered
683 Posts
if you use an electrolyzer to inject hydrogen and oxygen into your engine you will probably get about a 10% increase in gas mileage. This is because you are using your fuel more efficiency by getting a more complete combustion. It will also create a more even temperature distribution in the engine which improves efficiency as well.

However, it will take more energy to create the hydrogen and oxygen than you will get out of it. If you make a small electrolyzer (50w) you can power it off of your alternator. The problem is that to have a high quality electrolyzer that won't corrode over time will cost some big bucks and you'll need to use pure de-ionized and distilled water. Best case it'd run you about $1000 which means you'd need to drive a lot to recover from the gas savings. If you wanted one developed you are looking at around $15000. I'd just drive more conservatively.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
spot on

Right Chuck, too bad it costs more energy to generate the H than the H yields, kinda like ethanol from corn.

spot on. Absolute smoke and mirrors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts