Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted in another thread about a water leak I have on the passenger side front floor. I tried the TSB that addresses the "A" pillar leak and thought it was fixed until today. We had some heavy rain for about 1-2 hours while in the doctors this am and got home to check and the water leak is still there. After having my wife help with the hose and taking apart some of the carpet, kick panels, and glove box I can see water dripping but can't see where it starts from. On the kick panel metal wall there is an open hole where the wire runs to the door on the outside and thats where it drips in. But the wire is not where its coming from. Its higher up between the inner and outer sheet metal. Has anyone had this problem and what was the outcome. I hate to let the dealer have it since more things come back wrong that what it goes in with.

BTW: 2008 300 Sig Series bought brand new 1 1/2 years ago.

· Registered
2 Posts
There are drain tubes that which run down the "A" pillars for the sun roof. What you need to do is open the roof and pour water into the track so it goes down the drain tube in the front right side of the sunroof . Then look for any water coming into the car. You may need to pull the a pillar cover off to follow the tube down. Hopefully this helps. By the way, sorry to hear you feel you have more problems after going in for service at the dealer.

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion, but it happens when I put water just below the windshield going behind the fender. I'm going to take the fender off some weekend because I can see seams that run up and down the hinge pilliar but cannot get to them with the fender on. Then I will test with water starting real low and work my way up.

· Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem, but for me it's the driver's side. What was the fix?
I've had the issue, that I believe was caused by customizing my roof. Turns out, tiny sized pebbles from trees would drop and block the drain hole from the sunroof. Soaks the entire floor as well as the A post where the cloth is. So every oil change, I make sure to take an air hose with the small tip and blowout the tubing from the top to the bottom.

· Registered
2016 Chrysler 300 C
32 Posts
I've had the issue, that I believe was caused by customizing my roof. Turns out, tiny sized pebbles from trees would drop and block the drain hole from the sunroof. Soaks the entire floor as well as the A post where the cloth is. So every oil change, I make sure to take an air hose with the small tip and blowout the tubing from the top to the bottom.
Could you describe or take a picture of this tubing. Id like to do this before I have problems.
Thanks

· Registered
2016 Chrysler 300 C
32 Posts
Could you describe or take a picture of this tubing. Id like to do this before I have problems.
Thanks
Never mind. I found them.
The drains exit between the door and the front fender on both sides. I had to pour water into the catch pan to find the exits, but I used my air compressor to blow them both out bottom to top just in case.
Cylinder Wood Automotive wheel system Metal Auto part
Cylinder Wood Automotive wheel system Metal Auto part

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.