Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed when I wiped off my gauge cluster today that I have quite a few large dried water spots on the backside of the gauge cluster plastic. I really wish I knew how it got inside, but more importantly can I remove the plastic and clean it or am I stuck looking at water spots for the next 4 years?

Any thoughts guys?

Aaron W.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Water Spots - UPDATE - Now Unidentified Spots

Okay, so I removed the gauge cluster tonight and removed the Mask/Lens Assembly and investigated the spots. The spots are not on the inside they are on the outside! It seems as though something was sprayed on the plastic that left these spots and as far as I can tell they cannot be cleaned from the lens.

So, I guess the next question is can I get a new Mask/Lens assembly? If not then I guess I will just have to deal with looking through the spots every day. I would be open to a new gauge cluster, but I really don't want to have to deal with having my dealership use the starscan to update the odometer on a new one. I gotta say it's pretty frustrating because I have to look at these spots everyday now. Perhaps just a used Mask/Assembly?

The mask was marked with:

A2C53132114
Mask/Lens Assy, LX-C
AUTOM06722

If anyone has any suggested resolutions I would appreciate your input.

Thanks,

Aaron W

·
Registered
57 Posts
Try using a very fine polishing compound - one made for plastics. You may be able to buff it out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New Lens/Mask Assembly

I ended up breaking down and just ordering a new Lens/Mask assembly. I was at the dealership getting some service and asked about a replacement. They explained that this happens fairly frequently when owners let various liquids dry on the guage lens and they could order me a new lens for $47. So sometime next week I'll be free of spots and careful about how I clean my lens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts