Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a bloke who comes around our work who washes the guys cars next door and over the road without using water. Instead they have a bottle of what looks like orange juice and they spray it on the car and wipe it with a normal looking microfibre cloth. Just straight on to where it's dirty and spray/wipe. First time i saw this i was slightly horrified, you'll scratch the paintwork! He said nup doesnt scratch the car dont worry. So i got him to do it to my srt8 and sure enough she's come up looking fantastic, almost like it's got a wax or polish of some sort in it....

So who knows if this stuff is ok to use on our cars????

I'm sitting here hoping that this orange juice looking stuff hasn't got some slow working acid in it that will strip the car back to metal in a year's time. Can anyone shed any light on this stuff at all? Is it ok to use?

·
Registered
439 Posts
I use eco wash for our company cars and have been for 6 months the stuff they use has a milky look
They get washed about 2 times per month and the Benz S350 is once per week
and they all still look as new
I got him to wash my Black 300 and it came up as good as the day it came out of the dealers,, come to think about it Much better

·
Registered
123 Posts
Be careful! Long term exposure to this stuff will cause micro marring or cobwebbing scratch effects. It seems to look like there are no scratches induced onto the paint now, but after a couple of years you'll notice scratches. Especially BLACK paint! Rubbing anything on a dirty DRY surface is like very fine sandpaper. The closest thing to this type of wash media that I would consider safe is the "Ultimate NO Rinse Wash" Just google it or go to autopia.org -I only use this product if my ride is semi dirty or in between washes and even then I use a prespray bottle with some product in it. It really is a quick way of washing your car and because the product comes in a concentrated solution, it's remarkable cheap.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've used "car magic". I think an Ozzy product. not completely waterless though, u need a bucket of water to rinse the MF towel after each spray and wipe. But no rinsing afterwards, and strangely no scratches. Have been using this for about 4-5 months now. Best thing is afterwards ,the bucket of water u used for rinsing , you can water the plants!!

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
As long as you fold your cloth and not use the dirty side over and over, you'll be ok.

Like I said, I've used the "Dry Wash n Guard for many years.

·
Registered
981 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Be careful! Long term exposure to this stuff will cause micro marring or cobwebbing scratch effects. It seems to look like there are no scratches induced onto the paint now, but after a couple of years you'll notice scratches. Especially BLACK paint! Rubbing anything on a dirty DRY surface is like very fine sandpaper. The closest thing to this type of wash media that I would consider safe is the "Ultimate NO Rinse Wash" Just google it or go to autopia.org -I only use this product if my ride is semi dirty or in between washes and even then I use a prespray bottle with some product in it. It really is a quick way of washing your car and because the product comes in a concentrated solution, it's remarkable cheap.
I wouldn's worry that much about it, 99% of these marks are easliy removed with a cut & polish.

having said that, when I wash my car, I take it down to the local car wash, and only ever use the spray soap and high pressure rinse. then I chamois the car and drive home where I apply a hand wax.

Costs $4-6and 1.5-2 hours once a week. Its a little time intensive but she's worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts