Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most people traditionally wash then wax their car without knowing the proper steps to ensure how to get a show car finish. Claying is the single best procedure you can do to remove contaminants attached to your finish. I see claying was covered rather well in another post. So lets discuss Wax vs Synthetics. Did you know that the best car wax will last 30 days on a driver car? Todays modern finishes have evolved a great deal over the years, so it makes sense to apply a Synthetic polymer finish which will out last wax 6 times, giving you up to six months protection. The simplified explanation is that the polymer will make a chemical bond to your finish resulting in a more durable/stronger bond. Wax has a certain tempurature for a melting point, plus wax can't stand up to environmental hazards that mother nature throws our way. No wonder why car dealers are capitalizing on selling after market paint sealant packages upwards of $900. You can do it yourself for around 20 bucks with the right information. Visit my web site to learn more. www.perfectautofinish.com Gary

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
That's exactly why I ordered your products.Can't wait to get 'em.
I even bought a orbital buffer today,just to do it right.
It's been a long time since this old guy (58) "buffed" a car.
I am pretty sure I can still remember how,if not
,I can just refer back to your web page on How -to- do....
Thanks for your input on matters like these.
It really helps when input comes from someone
who does this type of thing for a living.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Thanks

Thanks Gary, Hey I was wondering how far are you from me (Milwaukee, WI)? I'm going to have to make my way down there to check you out for my C. Thanks again for the info!

·
Registered
290 Posts
turbomangt said:
Angie, I'm in a suburb called Roselle, about 20 miles nwest of O'Hare airport. Just over an hour from you. Gary p.s. you should attend one of my clinics, check schedule on my web site. www.perfectautofinish.com
Thanks and I plan on it. Very Soon! :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ah.... I miss Portillo's Italian Beef and Bob Chin's. You can keep that whether though.

About the wax vs synthetic debate, I am of the opinion that some of the high end stuff such as Pinnacle Souveran being that it has some oils in it provides some adding gloss due to the wetting of the paint. At the same time, that's what a glaze does.

Gary, do you really really think that synthetic have the ability to provide the level of depth and jetting factor that a top notch wax can offer?

I for one, am a fan of synthetic's ease of application, longevity do it for me. However, I usually apply a "topper" coat of wax on top of the synthetic. My current brew is P21S over Blackfire. The Blackfire really accentuates the metal paint particles.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BMWhat/ Yes, for the perfectionist a topper coat of wax over a synthetic will add depth. I have a GT TUrbo Cruiser and it took top ten honors at the Chrysler Block party at Great America this year. The reason was because of the finish. It was a judged show, not people's choice and I had my own sealant on the car. Keep one thing in mind when it comes to detailing supplies, most over the counter stuff, even the so called high end products, (like Blake Fire) are still retail grade. NOT professional quality. The professional grade products are not as familiar to the weekend user because they are available mostly to the pro detailer. That is why I have found success in selling products, they are professional grade, not retail. If you want more information on this, check out my web site. www.perfectautofinish.com Gary

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Any chance of assembling a "total detailing kit" Gary? (ie - all the goodies + towel(s) at a savings all of us here love to search for!)

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MRHappy, just a footnote, I sell at wholesale prices already to the public. When you consider that my professional paint seal, (the same on I use in my shop) sells for $10, compared to some waxes like P21S, Zymol, and Soviern, that sell at 3-6 times that price,(and last 1/6th as long) you can see how close I work. I have done packages for clubs but ask them to put together what they need and any order totally over $50 I allow them to deduct $5. That way if you don't have leather, you don't order leather conditioner. If you are not using micro fiber towels they are a must. I have technical data sheets I give to my customers so they know how great they are. Look over my web site and let me know if I can help more. Gary

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
KId, I looked into the pay pal deal but it would of cost me a fortune to impliment it on my wy web site. My ordering system is people print an order form from my web site, and include a check, so far no problems. Gary

1 - 11 of 11 Posts