Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
I guess so but I find the old font, colours etc so much better and when I set that on my PC it seems to have stuch on my phone too :)
Yes I think its mainly the Font with me, but colours also.
Old layout much clearer.
Think the developers have tried to be a bit too fancy.

Jack

·
Registered
553 Posts
Yes I think its mainly the Font with me, but colours also.
Old layout much clearer.
Think the developers have tried to be a bit too fancy.

Jack
If you think this is bad, you should see one of the other forums I used to frequent. They did a major redesign a little over a year ago, and there was a bug that wouldn't allow me to login on my older computer. several months later, I still couldn't login. t recently found that I could log in on that computer using a different browser, and found that very little has changed since. Same horrible interface -their designers were trying to be cutting edge I guess (part of the reason my older computer couldn't login I bet), but their efforts to be design-y made the site unbearable to use for me. One of the first messages that showed up in my feed from a board I had posted to even mentioned dissatisfaction with the design (and this was over a year later). Classic case of form over function. And they didn't even allow a way to view their site in a 'Legacy' mode.

Needless to say that I no longer subscribe to that site. And from what I saw, neither did a lot of the other people I remember seeing there.

·
Administrator
23,418 Posts
Posts 64 - 82 from the UK section merged into this main feedback thread.

Bernie

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
FWIW, the new version is so much faster on my PC; running chrome.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
When I go to the site on my phone it takes me to a mobile site that I cannot increase the font size on and uses a soft grey font. That makes that useless in my world.

When I exit that mobile thing it takes me to a different mobile thing that has the same issue so I scroll to the bottom and select "full site" and get to log in yet again.

Not being able to increase the font size and using fonts that are soft grey make it tough on folks with less than perfect vision (i.e. Me).

Something like 30% of us have astigmatism, 50% of us use (or should use) readers. Nice that the web designers have 27" imac displays (I do cuz my vision sucks), but most folks don't. I sure as heck can't see whatever it is that's been created in the updated site on my iPhone.

I'm sure it's good stuff, just not for a certain percentage of the population.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
It will get fixed. Had the same issues when a couple of our sister sites were upgraded.

BTW - the upgrade was long overdue. The 3CF software was very old and had a number of issues. While the upgrade process is a bit painful, the end result will be worth it - with better functionality.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
So long as I can get to the full site on my hand held its all good. I'm used to being the red headed step child. The tech dweebs will turn 40 something one day only then will they understand "readers".

·
Administrator
23,418 Posts
So long as I can get to the full site on my hand held its all good. I'm used to being the red headed step child. The tech dweebs will turn 40 something one day only then will they understand "readers".
You can select desktop view from your mobile device and there is also an AutoGuide app, free and paid versions available for Android and iPhone.

readers = presbyopia. Been there, done that:

Presbyopia is the gradual loss of your eyes' ability to focus on nearby objects. It's a natural, often annoying part of aging. Presbyopia usually becomes noticeable in your early to mid-40s and continues to worsen until around age 65.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,418 Posts
The only one I've used that I like is called forum runner. Easy to use and easy to see.
Give the AutoGuide app a go. You can select font size in the settings BTW.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,418 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is with the deepest of regrets that I would like to submit my resignation from the 300C forum.
While I was more of a lurker (old school), I received valuable information from this forum for the several years of my 300C ownership.
Sadly, after 8 years of ownership, the car developed a gas tank problem that caused it to stall at low speed and the dealership could not get the repair parts in a timely fashion (they quoted me that it would take months......)
Rather than keeping a car with a potentially dangerous problem, I sold it to a car dealer with the understanding that it had a serious and potentially very dangerous problem.

On a more positive note, I bought a 2014 model 300S with the V6 and kept it for a couple of years until I decided that I missed my Hemi and bought a 300S Hemi in 2017.

Thanks to all on this forum that may have helped me solve various issues and problems.
All the best.....

To the Admin: please delete this account or send this request to the appropriate person. (thanks in advance)

·
Administrator
23,418 Posts
^^^ Good luck. We don't delete accounts here however.

Bernie

81 - 98 of 98 Posts