Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Administrator
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I don't want to see any posts for sub-forums I don't follow or interest me.
Just a thought...

You could accomplish this by only following those forums that you are interested in.

The when accessing "new posts" set your filters to only display followed content. (make it the default.)

Just in case you aren't certain how to access new posts...

How To Find New Posts & Use Filters
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on the popular button.

This will open a new page where you can click to choose “new posts”.

You can also choose to set special filters or mark all posts read on that same page.

Let me know if that helps...

- Cricket

·
Administrator
19,566 Posts
This is awful... to bad Admin doesn't listen to the people that frequent the forums, will keep people away for sure...
That simply isn't true. You can only do so much modification within the software package that was implemented. None of the site staff nor the VerticalScope Admins had any choice in what forum software was to be installed.

Your contention that we don't listen is unfair and uncalled for.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sorry, was frustrated by the giant posts of so called work-arounds suggested.

I'm still not liking the new format though, sorry, too hard to see whats new/bolded just browsing around. No way to easily mark forums read. Many threads if you go into them automatically jump the most recent post, even if I haven't read any of it before. Over 1/3 of the right side is wasted empty space in my browser window...

·
Administrator
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
These are all very different issues to unpack and I will do my best to help you.

I'm still not liking the new format though, sorry, too hard to see whats new/bolded just browsing around.
This has been reported and is with our design team to make improvements on.

Over 1/3 of the right side is wasted empty space in my browser window...
My work monitor is 27 inches wide. Initially, I was more than a little concerned about the narrower content area, but over time I have found it works much better for me for a couple of reasons.
  • My gaze can stay focused on one spot to read the content instead of my head/gaze moving from left to right across the monitor. It has made scanning post/threads much easier for me.
  • With the new platform being responsive to whatever device or screen size I am using, it has made it easier when I need to have more than one window open (viewable at the same time) on my monitor.
No way to easily mark forums read. Many threads if you go into them automatically jump the most recent post, even if I haven't read any of it before.
Mark forums read, you will find the button under "Mark All Read" if you open any forum section. The forum will always try to bring you to the last post you left off at when you go back to a thread. If you want to jump to latest there is a button in the very top right to "Jump to latest"

-Philip

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks for the feedback to my concerns. I'll get used to it I'm sure, hopefully some of the lil things will get fixed like the bolding text so its more visible, maybe a link for all read at the bottom or something of the main page?! Tis' the idea of a community feedback thread I guess? Thanks for the great site :)

·
Administrator
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks for the feedback to my concerns. I'll get used to it I'm sure, hopefully some of the lil things will get fixed like the bolding text so its more visible, maybe a link for all read at the bottom or something of the main page?! Tis' the idea of a community feedback thread I guess? Thanks for the great site :)
Member feedback is what helps fuel future updates to the site, so please keep it coming. We do compile all the feedback you share. Although we may not action everything, we are logging what users are saying. We will be continuously updating design and user experience with weekly updates, so stay tuned!

- Cricket

·
Administrator
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
How To Multi-Quote

Step 1
: Click the multi-quote icon at the bottom of each post that you want to quote.

Step 2: Scroll down to the text editor where you are going to write your post. Click "Insert Quotes".

Step 3: A small window will pop up for you to verify (or delete) quoted content that will be added to your post. Click "Quote messages".

Final Step: The quoted content will automatically be added to the text editor. Add your comments and click to post your reply.

Added Notes: You can multi-quote from more than one discussion thread in the forum. You can also simply highlight the part of the text you want to quote. A small popup will allow you to choose the multi-quote option using just the selected content.

- Cricket

·
Registered
89 Posts
We need to know how to put it back to the other style, this is bad. Very simple things like can't read whats not read, and can't even mark forums read, very bad layout are my main gripes. Enough so that I won't be coming here or recommending this forum, sorry...

·
Administrator
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
We need to know how to put it back to the other style, this is bad. Very simple things like can't read whats not read, and can't even mark forums read, very bad layout are my main gripes. Enough so that I won't be coming here or recommending this forum, sorry...
If there is something I can help you find, please just let me know.

How To Find New Posts
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on the upward-pointing arrow and then select “New Posts” from the drop-down menu.

This will open a new page of new posts for you. You can also choose to set special filters or mark all posts read on that same page.

- Cricket

21 - 34 of 34 Posts