Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes folks, I spotted a posting by Diesel2fast4u on the "Why did you buy your 300 CRD" page which lets slip that he has one of the new SRT-D models. There is even a photo of it in a previous posting elsewhere in the site. I have posted and welcomed him to the forum and asked that he puts up some photos of his car - however I am now going to PM him and ask him to post on this page. This is what we have all been waiting to see!!
Cheers John

·
Registered
504 Posts
Looks like a Euro Touring model re 'left-hooker' steering and the non-UK front reg plate...not too sure whether any pics will fully reflect the UK spec but it would be great to get some advance pics. Interested to know if the colour is Steel Blue or Modern Blue?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi everybody thanks for the interest.

Here are some virgin pictures, no modding at all, sorry about the low quality but I'll get some nice ones tomorrow.

Mods untill now: today startech lowering kit (o man do I love the ride now) and yesterday tuningbox.com power box, really gives here wings :)
Mods to come: subwoofer and debadging (doors minimum, what should I do with the back?)

Oh, my color is briliant black, with the sunscreen glass and mygig (wonderful tool, the uconnect is perfect)

thanks,

Raf

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for these photos Raf. The lads will be delighted to get some idea of what the new model looks like. I see there is a TellyTubbie mast on the roof - is it at all obtrusive? The black interior does look much more European - lovely. Looking forward to your "nice" pictures tomorrow. Are you based in the UK - can't help but see the Belgian "B" on the tail end??
Cheers John

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
Raf,

Reference the badges, personally I'd loose the Chrysler and CRD badges but leave the wing and SRT Design one in place.

Stef

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks for these photos Raf. The lads will be delighted to get some idea of what the new model looks like. I see there is a TellyTubbie mast on the roof - is it at all obtrusive? The black interior does look much more European - lovely. Looking forward to your "nice" pictures tomorrow. Are you based in the UK - can't help but see the Belgian "B" on the tail end??
Cheers John
I really hate the antenna... ordered a shorter one from brabus...

And yes I live in belgium

·
Registered
74 Posts
Raf,

Reference the badges, personally I'd loose the Chrysler and CRD badges but leave the wing and SRT Design one in place.

Stef
Hi stef, love youre 300c, very nice. I was tinking to get the startech lip but now it's lowered I am afraid that it would be to low.

The badges, well the crd and chrysler are going 100%, the wings I am thinking... The doors don't know yet neither.

I wanted to go all black first with powercoated rims and loosing all the chrome but now I like the chrome details on the bumpers

Time will tell :)

·
Administrator
23,439 Posts
Very nice diesel! I do believe that's a first here too.

Bernie

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Guys!!! Thats a nice car.....will it be released in the US soon? What are the HP/TQ numbers for the 3.0....I'm sure the TQ numbers are nice. cool car!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Hi Guys!!! Thats a nice car.....will it be released in the US soon? What are the HP/TQ numbers for the 3.0....I'm sure the TQ numbers are nice. cool car!
218 HP but 370 ft lb torque! stock new out of the box

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The one thing I don't like about that Belgian website is the special deals available to diplomats Chrysler - Diplomatic sales The scum that represent (perhaps there are better words than represent...) our interests in the EEC certainly don't deserve any special prices - they have fleeced us already with their obscene salaries and massive expense allowances without Chrysler giving them price breaks that the rest of don't get.
Cheers John

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh that does look nice. But my car is only 7 months old so it won't be for a while. Thanks for the photos though Raf. We can certainly see it from every angle

Cheers John

·
Registered
6 Posts
218HP&370TQ those are nice numbers considering the displacement!...What is the weight of the engine.....how is the fuel economy???....is it turbo diesel?sorry if I ask 2 many ????

·
Registered
74 Posts
218HP&370TQ those are nice numbers considering the displacement!...What is the weight of the engine.....how is the fuel economy???....is it turbo diesel?sorry if I ask 2 many ????
Yes it's turbodiesel, it's the engine from benz 3.0 l v6 common rail diesel like the 320cdi series.

Mine has now +/- 260hp and 420 ft/lbs thanks to tuningbox.com

1 - 20 of 23 Posts