Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish these electronic companies would come up with a solution for us on the audio issue.... we have a beautiful stock navigation system and can't use it for crap to do an after market stereo with,,,, except for shitty fm modulation, this is ridiculous there must be a way to get the output out of the radio...the radio must send signal somehow to the factory amp. we just need to tap into that signal, override it, or change its course to our own stereo....any and all feedback on this matter is greatly greatly appreciated thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
laidback,

it's out there, just not in our stock systems. In the next few years you will see the stock systems change. For now we have to allow the aftermarket to 'reverse engineer' our systems so that we can do as we please.

be patient as the aftermarket will get around to it

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
yeah but tekhan,
I want my audio input NOOOOOWWWWWWW!!! ha ha ha ha :) :) :)

I sound like that golden egg chick from Willly Wanka.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lmaooo - i second kid coastal, i jus want an audio output cuz that automatically solves my audio input problem

·
Registered
178 Posts
Oh, I don't know....

Myself, I would have been happy if only they had made the stock system with either a cable or a cradle for an iPod. With makers ranging from Volkswagen to Audio doing it, Chrysler really should have jumped on the bandwagon.

.....sT

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
all im sayin is if....there are factory amps in the car ok.... the navigaion system is connected to these amps......that means the navigation system/cdplayer is sending "signal" to these amps... Im not a wiring expert, but would I be wrong in locating a, or the, factory amplifier and just test the wires feeding into it... to find an audio signal..... then i have a linedriver which converts high level frequencies, into low level...which would basically convert the signal its getting from the amps, ... or the deck... to rca...and Bingo... you have an ouput......

my stereo sho pplans on testing this out this week, ill let you guys know how it goes...

if im wrong in anything i say please dont shoot me for it, but it sounds pretty realistic.... any thoughts....?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Laidback,

The audio outs on the radio are green/orange and gray/orange. I have installed audio control Eq line drivers with internal line inputs several times in 300c's It works great. You have to remove the factory amp. This works with both the nav radio and the 6 changer and it works Great.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, if you do what you say, does the navigation voice still come over just the left side of the car?

·
Registered
99 Posts
It works just like your factory radio. I use a Audio control 4.1i. with aftermarket amps. If it is a non nav radio it fix in the cubby hold under the radio. for nav car you may have to put it in the dash. this gives you a clean aux input that has it's own volume level. I am trying to find a way to hack the sirius radio into this so that the input can be toggled from the radio. It's hard to get a 300 long enough to play with around here. These radios are pretty good. with this audio control eq. You can get 300's pretty loud.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it doesnt give you an input through the deck though correct? just through the eq that your adding in?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have found a way to add an input to the radio using the SAT input. The sound is crystal clear. The car Must have Sat radio. It does not need to have a sub though.
I'm putting a parts list together. I should have it posted some time tomorrow

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
LAIDBACKC said:
do you actually have to subscribe to sirius or just have the equipment?
You have to have the OEM chrysler Sirius kit and wiring. If you get the equipment, it comes with a free year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts