Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
That we don't have the 300Base model in the Uk.

I've had the misfortune of driving one of these hateful cars for a few days (before swapping it for a MUCH better car).
Gutless 2.7 egine, woeful 4 speed gearbox, iffy spec, some real corner/budget cutting on it - but I will say that the 2008 model interior works very well.

IMO, if anyone was to drive one of these, it certainly wouldn't encourage them to go for a CRD/Hemi. The CRD engine / gerabox is simply worlds better.

see you all later.

MTC

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
A customer of mine has just come back from the states where he hired a 2.7 charger(said it was cheapest thing to hire),he said it was hard work but it didnt like crosswinds????but he said he had fun and this is a customer who drives 70's Beetles.lol

·
Registered
266 Posts
... if you're saying, among other things, that the build quality wasn't great, then that's a big worry if they do transfer production of the European models from Graz to Brampton ... cheers.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have hired 2 300's in the US,

1) a base 300 which was as murphy described pretty gutless and not as nice inside as the 300C.

2) a 300C Hemi, and there was nothing wrong with the build quality with that.

the biggest difference i noticed is the ride quality is so much better on the european ones, the amercian ones were so softly sprung it was laughable

regards

elpirata

·
Registered
8 Posts
"I've had the misfortune of driving one of these hateful cars for a few days (before swapping it for a MUCH better car)."

I know exactly what you mean. Ever since I "tripped" over these cars, dating back to 2001 when we accidentally hired a 300M, and thought "mmm. This is OK!" we've tried to hire or blag an upgrade to a 300 every time. However, I'd never really paid much attention to the diferent specs available across the water. Until last year, when, as requested we were given the keys to a 300. On finding the car in the huge car park, we had to double check, as the keys were for what I now understand to be the base model. Apart from the rather low rent interior, the engine was decidely arthritic and asthmatic, and the springs seemed to be made out of Angel Delight.

Suffice to say, after two days of suffering, we invented an excuse that the car was no good, jumped up and down at the rental company, and were eventually handed the keys to the "manager's own wheels. You must know some mighty powerful people." Turned out to be what we thought all 300s should look like. A US 300C Hemi, with lots of bling additions. We had a fine time for the rest of the holiday, despite having to shell out quite often for petrol at 12mpg.

Z

1 - 5 of 5 Posts