Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Last week I replaced the OEM tail lights on my 06 300C SRT8. Got the smoke out red ones from a company called 360 tuners. Being a dumb ass, I just checked they were working by backing up to the garage door at night and looking in the mirror. All seemed to be fine. Love the way they look.

Night before last, my wife was following me home from a restaurant, and she noted that my tail lights weren't working properly. Instead of running lights, all she could see were two round white lights (backup lights) as I was driving down the road. NO BRAKE LIGHTS, except the one in the back window. Turn signals work.

Checked connections, checked bulbs. Called company rep. He said there is nothing he could think of that would cause these tail lights to do this, but to try putting direct power to them to rule out a problem with the car. Since I have no effing idea how I would do that, I'm putting the OEM lights back on today. If they work fine, is that sufficient information to say the ones 360 tuners sent me are defective?

I'd appreciate any ideas from you guys, and if this needs to be forwarded to a different forum, thanks for obliging.

Side note: I finally owe less on my beautiful 300C SRT8 than it's worth. But when I drove another (lesser) car a few weeks ago, I couldn't wait to get back to my girl!! :)

Marty

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Last week I replaced the OEM tail lights on my 06 300C SRT8. Got the smoke out red ones from a company called 360 tuners. Being a dumb ass, I just checked they were working by backing up to the garage door at night and looking in the mirror. All seemed to be fine. Love the way they look.

Night before last, my wife was following me home from a restaurant, and she noted that my tail lights weren't working properly. Instead of running lights, all she could see were two round white lights (backup lights) as I was driving down the road. NO BRAKE LIGHTS, except the one in the back window. Turn signals work.

Checked connections, checked bulbs. Called company rep. He said there is nothing he could think of that would cause these tail lights to do this, but to try putting direct power to them to rule out a problem with the car. Since I have no effing idea how I would do that, I'm putting the OEM lights back on today. If they work fine, is that sufficient information to say the ones 360 tuners sent me are defective?

I'd appreciate any ideas from you guys, and if this needs to be forwarded to a different forum, thanks for obliging.

Side note: I finally owe less on my beautiful 300C SRT8 than it's worth. But when I drove another (lesser) car a few weeks ago, I couldn't wait to get back to my girl!! :)

Marty
If the new units were supposed to be "plug and play" then there is something wrong with them.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
I think theyve swapped which wires go where on the multiplug
Or the aftermarket plug is so sloppy that it allows it to be plugged in rotated 180-degrees out of proper orientation.

OP: See if the plug can be flipped 180 to get proper operation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts