Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all!

I am having a weird issue with my wipers on a 07 cSRT8. When the wipers come on they work normally most of the time, however occasionally they want to stop just short of all the way down. No big deal. The car has now not wanted to run the wiper pump until you push the multifunction switch in 4-6 times and then they work. So most obvious was I replaced the multifunction switch with no change and then replaced the relays, again with no change. The wipers work ok most times but occasionally go wide open like its a down pour but only when the switch is in the on position. I was considering the steering control module as a possible issue? Somewhere I saw that the wire running under the dash to the firewall from the steering control module plug in could also be the culprit.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
439 Posts
When that would happen in my last couple of Dodge Intrepids it was the wiper motor failing to park the blades in the correct spot.
New wiper motor for them was the fix, but see if anyone else here has a different idea before you get a replacement wiper motor.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I decided today to get a steering control module to see if that fixes it. I have tried turning off the auto wiper and that didn't do anything different. Squirts won't work until the multifunction switch is pushed in 3-8 times and sometimes the wipers after hitting mist never stop until I play with the switch or hit the steering column. I'll update afterwards, if this doesn't work I'm going to replace the wire going from the steering control module to the firewall. I was told by a friend at a dealership that it has been know to cause many issues for them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.