Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
Hey, welcome Ernie, that was quick... and best wishes with this new venture! :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
Welcome new sponsor. Thanks for your support of our forum. We too will have to support you. I'll have to go check out your site right now.
Thanks again for your support.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Thank You I'm gald I came across this site. I noticed your avatar is a 57 300c I sold my late fathers 57 300C last year some 13 years after his death.
I just couldn't find the time to finish it, anyway I'm gald to be a member and a sponsor and I look forward to helping our fellow members and answering any questions I can regarding wheels, accessories, bodyshop & collision repair.

Ernie

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
Avon Custom Wheels said:
Thank You I'm gald I came across this site. I noticed your avatar is a 57 300c I sold my late fathers 57 300C last year some 13 years after his death.
I just couldn't find the time to finish it, anyway I'm gald to be a member and a sponsor and I look forward to helping our fellow members and answering any questions I can regarding wheels, accessories, bodyshop & collision repair.

Ernie
Too bad you couldn't manage the resto on the '57, I love that car. I changed my avatar recently, but got a sad message from a member saying how much it was missed (yes you 300sea) so I changed it back :)

Questions about wheels and tires are a predominant subject around here, so I'm sure the members will keep you busy in that regard. You may want to include a line in your sig to indicate 'bodyshop & collision repair' since these specialties are not evident in your username... It will be nice to have your guidance on both topics.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
VIP Headcovers & Painted Engine Covers

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself and my companies. We have been in business since 1987 as a collision shop in central New Jersey. Last year we started Avon Custom Wheels, and in June of this year we launched www.AvoncustomWheels.com. In addition to selling wheels & tires for over 100 different manufacturers and accessories for the 300, Magnum and Charger we have just become an authorized dealer for VIP Edition products. I've attached some photos of their hottest selling product. The headlamp covers for the 300C. In addition we custom paint engine covers for the above three models. All of which are available through our website. My wife Lori and I are very big on customer service, and I am very accessable to anyone who has questions. I usually answer my emails within a hour or we answer our phones 8am - 10pm 7 days a week @ 1-877- BLING - IT. We are proud to be a supporting sponsor and look forward to serving our fellow members.

Lori & Ernie

Avon Custom Wheels

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Ernie-

Spoken to you and Lori a few times...good to see you here and speak to you soon....

These guys are truly great in customer service...I've dealt with them personally for over a year already and they know there stuff...they know what's hot and what looks good on our cars...They also bring exclusive products to our finger tips!!! Good luck with your newest business venture!!!!

Tell lori I said hello and I will speak to her soon...Manny at the office says hello as well...

Take care!!
Danny
I.T.S
Pal Park, NJ

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
oneredmagnum said:
Hey Ernie-

Spoken to you and Lori a few times...good to see you here and speak to you soon....

These guys are truly great in customer service...I've dealt with them personally for over a year already and they know there stuff...they know what's hot and what looks good on our cars...They also bring exclusive products to our finger tips!!! Good luck with your newest business venture!!!!

Tell lori I said hello and I will speak to her soon...Manny at the office says hello as well...

Take care!!
Danny
I.T.S
Pal Park, NJ
Hey Danny,

Thanks for the kind words, I didn't realize you were a member also. We are doing really well with the Chrysler 300 accessories. We are trying to sell some items that are fairly exclusive to us as well as customizing the 300C's, Magnums, and Charger with lambo doors, VIP bodykits etc. We are also now doing tinted and painted tailights. Since I also own a bodyshop it just made sense to add this to the custom side of the business. Hey when you get a chance if you could fax me a list of RWD wheels for the 300 / Magnum / Charger I want to expand the wheel choices on my site. Make sure you can get me images for whatever wheels you fax me. We'll be in touch, hopefully for the 22's for that charger this morning.

Ernie

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I have probably visited over 200 wheel sites in the past 2 months. I think one or two provided the necessary info to make an informed decision, without having to call the company.
Every wheel site should have the minimum information.
Bolt pattern
Width
Offset
Weight
Price

Your website has width and price. Since you don't publish the bolt pattern, we have to assume it is 5x115, which is a risky business. Too many sites advertise wheels for the 300, but the bolt pattern is the incorrect 5x114.3, or the offset is out of spec at 40, or thereabouts.
Weight is also a big deal for many folks. Probably 2% of the sites publish weight.

It would be nice if your site could add more information about the wheels.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
joey said:
I have probably visited over 200 wheel sites in the past 2 months. I think one or two provided the necessary info to make an informed decision, without having to call the company.
Every wheel site should have the minimum information.
Bolt pattern
Width
Offset
Weight
Price

Your website has width and price. Since you don't publish the bolt pattern, we have to assume it is 5x115, which is a risky business. Too many sites advertise wheels for the 300, but the bolt pattern is the incorrect 5x114.3, or the offset is out of spec at 40, or thereabouts.
Weight is also a big deal for many folks. Probably 2% of the sites publish weight.

It would be nice if your site could add more information about the wheels.
Joey,

Building and running an online wheel business isn't as easy as you might think. First of all the information you would like me to provide is not always provided to me, and when you inquire about getting additional information from the wheel manufacturers you seldmon get it, or they do not want to give it up for some reason. We are in the process of adding a RWD section for the 300's, Magnums & Chargers. And as a personel note, anyone that has dealt with us knows that they would never get a wheel & tire package that wouldn't fit what they were trying to put it on. We by no means profess to be wheel gods but we check & double check every fitment we sell. We are in this for the long haul and customer satisfaction is our highest priority.

Ernie

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Avon Custom Wheels said:
Joey,

Building and running an online wheel business isn't as easy as you might think. First of all the information you would like me to provide is not always provided to me, and when you inquire about getting additional information from the wheel manufacturers you seldmon get it, or they do not want to give it up for some reason. We are in the process of adding a RWD section for the 300's, Magnums & Chargers. And as a personel note, anyone that has dealt with us knows that they would never get a wheel & tire package that wouldn't fit what they were trying to put it on. We by no means profess to be wheel gods but we check & double check every fitment we sell. We are in this for the long haul and customer satisfaction is our highest priority.

Ernie
It is really unfortunate it is so difficult to get important info about the wheels. There are a few good sites out there that provide everything but weight. Bigwheels.net is probably one of the best-of-breed wheel sites, IMO. They publish everything, except weight. Can't say if their customer service is any good, but the website has everything else. Just mentioning this site to help show what really works when trying to make an informed buying decision.

·
Banned
14 Posts
I wish I can get a set of MHT Agents you have on your site, but $4,000!?! Dang!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Avon Custom Wheels said:
Hey Danny,

Thanks for the kind words, I didn't realize you were a member also. We are doing really well with the Chrysler 300 accessories. We are trying to sell some items that are fairly exclusive to us as well as customizing the 300C's, Magnums, and Charger with lambo doors, VIP bodykits etc. We are also now doing tinted and painted tailights. Since I also own a bodyshop it just made sense to add this to the custom side of the business. Hey when you get a chance if you could fax me a list of RWD wheels for the 300 / Magnum / Charger I want to expand the wheel choices on my site. Make sure you can get me images for whatever wheels you fax me. We'll be in touch, hopefully for the 22's for that charger this morning.

Ernie
Hey Ernie-

Well I mentioned to Lori that I have Magnum R/T....so I'm normally on www.lxforums.com more for the Magnums/CHargers/300c's as well.....I really like your painted Engine covers!!! They are sweet!!!

If you look at my catalog you will see everything listed there with **22" means that it will fit on the RWD Magnums,300C, & all Chargers....DC decided not to make any AWD Chargers....Now more and more Magnums & 300C's are coming AWD which is making it a little bit more difficult for those guys who want 22"s due to the FWD offset on those vehicles....I get a list compiled for you for whats in stock....

Just a little input for you and others who like to leave feedback....Manufacturers have blank wheels available for drilling the 5x115 bolt pattern....they often do not mass produce 5x115 in 22" to the public as it is the first vehicle to have that specific bolt pattern/offset and width...another thing is the wieght issue....22" wheels are 22" wheels no matter how you put it....The only wheel manufacturer that will make weight an issue are wheels that are made for "racing or track" and the majority of 20"-22" CHROME wheels are not for that.....FOrged wheels are made for that and if you are interested in anything forged....you must have deep pockets.....the more chrome in a wheel the heavier it is.....thats about all the information you will get on 22' chrome wheels....

This will give some of the readers so more input on this ernie....hope it helps...

Talk to you soon!!

Danny

·
Registered
4 Posts
joey said:
It is really unfortunate it is so difficult to get important info about the wheels. There are a few good sites out there that provide everything but weight. Bigwheels.net is probably one of the best-of-breed wheel sites, IMO. They publish everything, except weight. Can't say if their customer service is any good, but the website has everything else. Just mentioning this site to help show what really works when trying to make an informed buying decision.

I agree that Bigwheels.com is a good website but you should question tire sizes on that site....Ernie and I have been in the Wheel business for years....which means years of "On Hand" experience....Ernie has been known for Custom Jobs and crazy applications....if he knows anything it's tire sizes and if he doesn't know I'm here to help him as well...

Try to put different vehicles in Bigwheels.com application guide and see what tire sizes they give you...on some applications they give you a wheel but no tire size???? What's that about??? they either know or don't know....also look at the offsets on the application they give you...every wheel has a different offset and are often given on applications that will make your car/truck look like a roller skate.....

I rather deal with someone who has actual pictures....hands on experience and GREAT customer service....

You decide....

Danny

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
oneredmagnum said:
I agree that Bigwheels.com is a good website but you should question tire sizes on that site....Ernie and I have been in the Wheel business for years....which means years of "On Hand" experience....Ernie has been known for Custom Jobs and crazy applications....if he knows anything it's tire sizes and if he doesn't know I'm here to help him as well...

Try to put different vehicles in Bigwheels.com application guide and see what tire sizes they give you...on some applications they give you a wheel but no tire size???? What's that about??? they either know or don't know....also look at the offsets on the application they give you...every wheel has a different offset and are often given on applications that will make your car/truck look like a roller skate.....

I rather deal with someone who has actual pictures....hands on experience and GREAT customer service....

You decide....

Danny
Danny, The custom wheel business is getting harder & harder every day. The only thing customers care about is the price! Sure thats important but whatever happened to customer service? I've got guys around me that do not even have the equipment to mount & balance but they call themselves custom wheel shops. I've got their customers coming to me to fix balance problems that they have no way of fixing themselves since they have no equipment. All they do is pick up the phone and have the already mounted rims & tires delivered to their door. I'm loosing a ton of business because I'm sure they are adding $100 or $200 markup. Thats pretty good for a phone call. Life is good until you have a problem. Then they all fine [email protected] Avon Custom Wheels to fix the problems. I went along with it for awhile but not anymore. For now on if we didn't sell the package we are not going to get involved. Maybe that will stop the people in my area from using these so called " wheel shops ". Anyway thanks for having my back and you know that engine cover I have up on my site is in your color Inferno Red !!!

Ernie

·
Registered
4 Posts
No prob Ernie....I know you are a great guy with a great reputation....in this business it's rare....as long as YOU know YOU do the right thing is all that matters....trust me that I've heard a ton of horror stories like the ones you are speaking of...but what can you do....I try not to deal with those shops because they are only "Car Salesmen"....they try to sell you the world....but when you ask an out of the ordinary question about the car....then comes the ....uhhhh....ummm...I dunno.... DOn't sell what you don't know...period....You know your products and your work....that will outlast any small time shop just looking to make a quick buck...

Good luck with everything though and know that I'm here to support you to the fullest!!!

Do you need more catalogs and hand outs??

P.S. Keep tempting me with that engine cover....Lori told me the same thing when I last spoke to her...I'll talk to you soon about that...

Take care!
Danny

1 - 18 of 18 Posts