Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks!

We are really excited to be a sponsor and look foreward to becoming a vendor known for great prices and good customer service.

Dave
TD4L

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Welcome to the forums from our 300Cs in WV! I'm not into 22s or 24s, but I will be looking for 20s just as soon as I can order my SRT-design group rims for the Heritage Edition.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just checked out your website and you've got some great prices.

Welcome.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Toyo proxes 4 would be perfect for your application, assuming your not autocrossing your 300 or anything.
I am looking for non-directional tires. I have Toyo proxes ST and they are directional. I have developed a slight right pull/lead with my Toyo's and I can't cross rotate the tires to prove/disprove the tires are, or are not, the problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am looking for non-directional tires. I have Toyo proxes ST and they are directional. I have developed a slight right pull/lead with my Toyo's and I can't cross rotate the tires to prove/disprove the tires are, or are not, the problem.

If you want to cross rotate them, you can just remount them. You would also need to rebalance them. As for as non-directional tires, There arent many of them in a modern model. What size are you looking for?

The right pull issue is real common with lx platform cars and might not have anything to do with the tires. I am pretty sure there is a tsb on the subject. I have read some threads on lxforums that mention the dealer re-aligning the cradle/k member. I have a magnum in the stable and i have had a slight right pull since the day it rolled off of the lot.

Dave
TD4L

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
If you want to cross rotate them, you can just remount them. You would also need to rebalance them. As for as non-directional tires, There arent many of them in a modern model. What size are you looking for?

The right pull issue is real common with lx platform cars and might not have anything to do with the tires. I am pretty sure there is a tsb on the subject. I have read some threads on lxforums that mention the dealer re-aligning the cradle/k member. I have a magnum in the stable and i have had a slight right pull since the day it rolled off of the lot.

Dave
TD4L
I had the right pull fixed under warranty when I bought my car in 2004. But after switching to 20" Toyo's the right pull returned. I have since had at least 3 alignments which have not entirely eliminated the pull. Of course the alignment shop will claim the tires are likely the problem, but I can't easily cross rotate them to prove/disprove the tire theory. Remounting is not an option due to cost and possible damage to the rims.
I actually have about 10k miles remaining and not looking to replace now. Nitto's are an option. I know they are not directional tires. I think there are others also.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had the right pull fixed under warranty when I bought my car in 2004. But after switching to 20" Toyo's the right pull returned. I have since had at least 3 alignments which have not entirely eliminated the pull. Of course the alignment shop will claim the tires are likely the problem, but I can't easily cross rotate them to prove/disprove the tire theory. Remounting is not an option due to cost and possible damage to the rims.
I actually have about 10k miles remaining and not looking to replace now. Nitto's are an option. I know they are not directional tires. I think there are others also.

Hmmmm. I wish i could be of more help. We have sold ALOT of proxes ST and this is the first time that i have heard of a pulling issue. Most of the ST that we sell are being used on sport trucks, most all season sedan and sport applications go with the proxes 4. Are the tires wearing even?

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Hmmmm. I wish i could be of more help. We have sold ALOT of proxes ST and this is the first time that i have heard of a pulling issue. Most of the ST that we sell are being used on sport trucks, most all season sedan and sport applications go with the proxes 4. Are the tires wearing even?
Visually the tire wear looks even. I used one of those little pencil tire wear gages and everything looks fairly even. I have quite trying to fix the pull until I replace my tires with non-directionals. When I get to that point I'll check your website to see if you have added any non-directionals.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts