Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
Joined
·
7,554 Posts
ekool said:
300Cforums.com wishes to welcome Zeckhausen Racing as our newest supporting vendor! Please take a moment to visit their website at the following URL:

http://www.zeckhausen.com/
Welcome aboard, Zeckhausen Racing! It's good to see another autosport performance vendor enthused about a car that's only been on the market since April of this year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Projekt 300C said:
Welcome to the Site. What tis the first major deal u r gonna offer us? :)
Hold your horses!!!!
let them breath a bit to see whats going on...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
791 Posts
Projekt 300C said:
Welcome to the Site. What tis the first major deal u r gonna offer us? :)
Thanks for the welcome, everyone! :)

The first major deal is a $1,000 discount on the new StopTech 4-wheel Big Brake Kit for the 300C and Dodge Magnum RT. The second major deal is a $300 discount on the StopTech front Big Brake Kit for these platforms. This sale will be good for orders placed between now and February 15. Front brake kits are ready to ship. 4-Wheel brake kits will be ready in about two weeks, pending arrival of some special flared fittings for the rear brake lines.

I'll post details of the deal in a separate thread.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
791 Posts
th59718 said:
Welcome, Dave! Really enjoyed reading about your brake upgrades. Nice job!
Thanks! I can't wait to get the new rear lines so I can finalize my rear brake installation.

I also installed Bluetooth (UConnect) on my 300C and will be putting together a tutorial on that. It was relatively easy. The only problem is that my Bluetooth decided to stop working yesterday. Doh!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
DZeckhausen said:
Thanks! I can't wait to get the new rear lines so I can finalize my rear brake installation.

I also installed Bluetooth (UConnect) on my 300C and will be putting together a tutorial on that. It was relatively easy. The only problem is that my Bluetooth decided to stop working yesterday. Doh!
is it possible to upgrade the rear brakes only and leave the front alone?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
791 Posts
james jefferson said:
is it possible to upgrade the rear brakes only and leave the front alone?
It is physically possible to do this. But it wouldn't make any sense.

The vast majority of braking on the 300C is done by the front brakes. On a street car, you are nowhere near the thermal limits of your stock rear brakes. For a car that may get taken to the track, the front brakes are the first priority for upgrade. And the bulk of the improvement in brake pedal feel comes from replacing the front brakes with a StopTech or Brembo kit. The rear upgrade is primarily cosmetic. And if you just do the rear, then it would look rather odd.

Can I ask what motivated your question? I'm just trying to figure out what you are trying to accomplish so I can give you the best possible advice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
DZeckhausen said:
It is physically possible to do this. But it wouldn't make any sense.

The vast majority of braking on the 300C is done by the front brakes. On a street car, you are nowhere near the thermal limits of your stock rear brakes. For a car that may get taken to the track, the front brakes are the first priority for upgrade. And the bulk of the improvement in brake pedal feel comes from replacing the front brakes with a StopTech or Brembo kit. The rear upgrade is primarily cosmetic. And if you just do the rear, then it would look rather odd.

Can I ask what motivated your question? I'm just trying to figure out what you are trying to accomplish so I can give you the best possible advice.
there is no plan, i was just curious and i do appreciate your very kind and lucid response. of course with my lack of proper blood flow to my brain ill forget what you said in an hour.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
14,573 Posts
Could Dave have been the first supporting vendor here??? This goes way back.

Bernie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
308 Posts
Really enjoyed How to Bed-in Your Brakes.Waiting for How to Bed Jessica Alba.Lol.Seriously, Welcome and I hope to be upgrading my front brakes before next summer.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top