Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I got a really good deal on an 08 steel blue srt-8 about a week ago for about $30,000 and my 07 vanilla 300c I just loved to death but I don't need 2 chrysler's so today I sold bolth of them to my Jag dealer and they gave me a really good price for bolth and I bought a brand new 2009 Jag XF witch is one of the first ones out there and I just love it!!! I was sad to see my vanilla 300c to go but it's time for a new change for me and my new Jag XF is SO COOL and nice, you all should check one out. So I don't think I would go back to the 300c again this Jag is MUCH MORE OF A CAR!!!! So you all won't be seeing me on here too much anymore. Does anyone know of a good Jag forum???? I had that srt-8 less than a week but I made 8 grand on it so I sold it. So goodbye chrysler's for me and I only need one car not 2 and my new XF rides much nicer. So did I make the right choce??? I think I did, so go check out the new Jag XF. I never thought I would be a Jag owner but I guess I am now. And for about 12 to 20 grand more than a 300c you could have an 2009 XF sedan too.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Sad to see you let go of 2 great 300 vehicles! But, its important to do what you believe is best for you.

To have a 2009 Jag must be an exhilarating experience. If it meets all your needs, then so be it!

Enjoy your new vehicle and hope you'll drop by once in a while to let us know how it's going with you and your new car. Personally, I don't know of a good Jag forums but I'm sure someone else here does.

Wishing you the best!
bruno

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Thanks for the contributions... don't be a stranger...

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Jeez, didn't we just congratulate you a week ago? You move FAST!!! I take mine back...haha. Congrats on this one then!!! Lets see some pics BTW.

Bernie

·
Registered
631 Posts
CONGRATS on the JAG. It is a real sweet looking car (I actually prefer the look over the 300 which is the first time I can actually say that about another car). I am actually contemplating it as well but am going to wait for the new CTS-V, I will probably make a choice then after a test drive both. I will also wait for the second year run unless I can get a good deal on a leftover 09. Not sure how economical the V will be for me though. Did you go with the Supercharged version or just the straight 8? How does the performance compare to the C/SRT-8. My guess would be the supercharged is comparable to the SRT-8 while the straight 8 compares to the C.

I second that on the PICS lets see a couple before you leave! Of course I would like to see the re-design of the 300 in 09/10 too before making my final choice.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Congrats on your new Jag... and Tata I suppose! (Ford sells luxury car line to Tata). Wonder where you'll be connected when you have to call in for support? j/k

Hard to believe you can "make" $8k on turn around of a vehicle you've had only a week... must have been a smokin' deal the first time around.

Hope you have good luck with the Jag... but the cat's history might indicate otherwise. I've got lots of other good things to put "$12-20k more than a 300C" toward!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I was fortunate enough to be invited to a pre-launch party for the XF, where we got a good look around the prototype. I have to say that the production version looks disappointingly like a Lexus. I have had several Jags in the past but would now perhaps be reluctant to purchase one in light of the TATA takeover (Remember Rover). But good luck - it's getting rave reviews here in the UK.

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Jeez, I totally forgot about the Tata deal and I posted it this morning...haha. Well, bless you're holy cows anyway.

Bernie

·
Registered
311 Posts
It doesn't really matter what we think. You need to do what's right for you. Good luck with your new Jag. They certainly are a beautiful car.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
enjoy your Mazda,and good luck,did you know that if you took an "A" away from TATA you end up with TAT.Says it all really

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Ask me if I care that I could have been a Jag owner? Go on..... :)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Jags don't really do it for me but, hey, if that's you then good move! Personally, the "more car" statement is subjective because I think this car is waaaay more car than some I have driven that cost double this one. Again, to each his own and good luck with the new toy. :)

·
Banned
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks all yah I think I made the right choice I went from a 5.7 hemi to a 4.2 supercharged engine so there is a difference but you it drives much nicer. I still have my OEM MOPAR SKI RACK so what should I do with it???? Now that I don't have my 300c anymore????? Do you think it would fit on my XF???? Or should I sell it??? Does anyone out there want an almost brand new OEM mopar ski rack for their 300???? Let me know please I also have an 12,000k hid kit too that is brand new in the box my jag as factory bi xenon's so I don't need it, oh I also have my OEM orange hemi cover too so if anyone wants them I will make you a really good deal on them. I also found a jag forum it sucks but it will do if I have any questions about my XF. Thanks

·
Registered
630 Posts
Congrats on the new car!

Now, here's my view of the new XF. You can plainly see Ford's influence in the design. Both in the interior and the exterior.
I saw the car in person in Detroit at the Auto Show along with my brother, who is a BMW owner and another friend who is a G35 owner. All 3 of us thought the car was very bland looking, and a disapointment. It does not have any stand out style as a Jag should. Looks like a Euro Ford. The interior is not any better. Reminds me of a Lincoln. Add to that, the reviews say its basically a 4 door coupe, as anyone 6' or over can't fit in the back would finish it for me. I like the fact that I can have friends in the back of the C and they can fit.
I'm glad it fits you, but I would think for most C owners that car would not make the radar...62K price tag not withstanding.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Cboy...are you kind of leading with your face here? Good Luck with your Jaguar...hope you're a licensed electrican...I had a buddy with an admitedly older jag...and the electrical system was totally hosed. Perhaps they've been improved?

Good luck with your Ford.

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
A lot of people hate on Ford, but if it wasn't for Ford, half of us would say "Huh?!" when someone mentions jaguar..

They improved reliability and for the first time, the dang brand is actually *gasp* desirable.

I just can't see the XF the same way some guys can XD

1 - 20 of 20 Posts