Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:yuck: Well after 1 year of ownership and some very careful parking, it finally happened. Some very careless woman opened her car door on my 300C and put a slight crease and 2 small scuffs on my rear passenger door.

I was away from the car at the time but my daughter said it went with a bang and she just said sorry.... and drove off......

Look at th car straight away in the wet and notied just 2 small marks that I reckon could polish out. When it dried I noticed the crease arrrggggg!!!!:pat:

It will be going in for a service in the next couple of weeks I will ask them to give me a price.

I'll probablay get someone like dentique or chipsaway to have a go...

What do you guys suggest... for the car not the person committing the crime.

Mr.G

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi Mr G,
Pity your daughter didn't have the presence of mind to take a note of the registration number. These things are infuriating. I have a couple of spaces at our local supermarket where they are at the end of a row and there is a hatched area beyond. I generally park in one of these bays - or to be more precise - half in the bay and half on the hatched area. That way I am a good 4'-0" to 5'-0" away from the nearest car. For some reason I am generally lucky getting these spaces.
I wouldn't like to comment on who to get to fix the damage - personally I would plump for a spray shop rather than a "fixer" especially if the crease is in the middle of the door. If it is adjacent to the front or back of the door then perhaps a "fixer" can gently pry it out from inside the door skin - but with a door you have to watch for the oil-can effect - where you push it out and it is just as easily pushed back in. If there is a bit of stretch in the metal in the middle of the panel that is certainly what can happen. Good luck with it anyway and my sincere commiserations.
Cheers John

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi,

I parked on the end of a row in one of the local supermarkets, to avoid this very thing, and got fined £140 reduced to £70 if paid within 14 days.

The bays in the UK are just not big enough,

SDM197

·
Registered
408 Posts
Pulled into a rest stop enroute to Columbus and only two other vehicles there. Parked way far away from the walk so as to keep my vehicle safe from doors and dings and came out and there was a vehicle parked next to me who apparently had the same idea. When I got to my destination I looked at my rear fender and there was a ding in it. I was really ticked at myself for not checking like I usually do when I got into the car. Looks like everybody wants to park next to a 300. Car magnet.

·
Registered
266 Posts
:yuck:
What do you guys suggest... for the car not the person committing the crime.
Mr.G
...sorry to hear about that Mr.G...hope it turns out okay .... are you absolutely sure you don't wan't any suggestions ref. the perpertrator?

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
You must be shopping in Sainsbury's SDM. They are tending to have rather heavily enforced car parking these days. Morrison's up our way are more sensible. In any event I would argue the toss with "my" bays - the access roadway runs at an angle to the line of the parking bays which leaves triangular shaped areas at the ends of the bays - that is what I spread myself onto. Any further word of you coming up in May to see us all??
Cheers John

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi John,

I think its looking very likely, I need to convince my father (For company) plus he does not get out much these days!

I will probably still come even if I come alone,

Cheers

Steve.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well All fixed and as good as new for vey little money.
A friend of a friend polished out the scuff and Dent Technique fixed the dent.

Fantastic job..... Can recomend them....

Martin

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Glad to see a happy ending!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts