Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to a deserted industrial area for some fun and to see what I could do.

Raced against a 5spd 2007 350Z with a Stillen intake, stillin exhaust, full offroad racing headers and the GT package running 94 octane. My is completely stock running a 1/4 87 octane, and 3/4 89 octane.

Powered braked till 2200rpms, beep...beep..beep, slammed tha gas.

Car broke traction for a second and hooked. His car was making very tiny tiny gains as we acclerated and he shifted and after 70mph I was starting to crawl up and overtake in the higher speeds just as the race ended.

Overall, pretty well a dead heat. Lotsa fun though, the ole heart was beating. My car had 1 month old gas that was partly 87 still from the previous tank.

I'd call it pretty well a dead heat.

I'm going to recalibrate the accelerator, get some fresh gas, and have another go at it some time in the future.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
great

great to see a big 4 door stay right on a riced up 350Z. They always think they are the shizzit.

Get a 4127 Motorad and Diablo tuner and you'll whip him next time!

·
Banned
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, what was killing me was the soggy shifts. That is where he was making his gains.

Diablo with help for sure and I think I might even update the intake.

I was quite impressed that my 4200lbs beast kept up and technically was beating him and he weighs only 3400lbs.

But on his behalf, his car isn't riced at all. Sounds great, runs great and turns heads everywhere.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Great race Northern. I need to find a deserted place too. LMAO, I love it when my heart starts pumpin' when I feel urge to call on the hemi.

·
Registered
666 Posts
the 350z and the 300c are pretty even, my kids saw a 350z
yesterday and said "dad that car looks faster" I proved its was not, several vids on youtube 300c vs 350z 300c wins almost every time str kills it even better

got to love that our huge car with 87 octane can beat it

but we get about the same mpg Fuel Economy: 18 City / 25 Highway (91 octane required) LOL

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
the 350z and the 300c are pretty even, my kids saw a 350z
yesterday and said "dad that car looks faster" I proved its was not, several vids on youtube 300c vs 350z 300c wins almost every time str kills it even better

got to love that our huge car with 87 octane can beat it

but we get about the same mpg Fuel Economy: 18 City / 25 Highway (91 octane required) LOL
NR has a few 350Z stories to tell and that was when he had his 300C. He called the kid out, but it never happened - http://www.300cforums.com/forums/81359-post4.html.

Lots of 350Z kill stories here too, but you'd have to sort through 100's of kills - http://www.300cforums.com/forums/performance-modifications/249-what-have-you-blown-away.html.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
here in the UK my 5.7 hemi with diablo and stock motor running track temp of 80,3/4 tank of gas and ran 14.2,@98mph terminal,go have a look on you tube,its called dad drag 300 ,my son did it on his phone,whooped a beemer m3 convert and a skyline,its there to see.By the way I didnt raise the revs at the start and my 2nd and 3rd run was in manual and ESP was on,even when I was doing the burnouts...I had just pulled the fuse 11 though...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah - I'd be curious to know if anyone has run the AWD at the drags also... If you did, what was the time? And was there a Diablo involved???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts