Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I went to the local 1/8 mile track friday night for the first time with the SRT8!!! I gota say it was definitely fun. I had a best pass of 8.68 at 89.17mph with a 2.24 60ft. I know its nothing great but I enjoyed it and I need to figure how to launch this beast a little better. I was launching the car around 1000rpm and rollin into the gas. I have the Predator running the 93 CAI tune, AirHammer, and Cutouts. My reaction times were pretty good at .610 on a .500 light, still workin on gettin into the 5 range. I tried to firgure out how to data log on the Predator to see if I had retard n poor fuel mixture but couldnt figure it out. Does anybody know how to do this so when I run next time I can see where the motor is running? What better ways is there to launch the car? Heres a vid from a 8.68 run at 88.xx mph (sorry my camera guy sucks)
MOV01480.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
you will need to have a laptop in your car when you run.

do it anywhere, but probably not while you're on the track.

you have to download the software from diablos website and then you plug and play.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Sounds good man!! it is always a fun time. You better watch out man.. my 300c is right behind you in the 1/8 :scared: :biggrin: . You got me by about 7mph though. I can guarantee you that your times will be wayy better if you got that launch down. You should be in the low 8's.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea urs is right behind me. The car defintely pulls on 2nd gear hard. I need to get the data log working and get my 60fts down lower.

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
You realize I hope that data-logging won't help your 60 foots. That will only come with practice.

Eric

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes im not a drag racing idiot, ive raced 2 of my bikes at the track before with way better 60fts than the big lead sled. I want to data log to see if there is any knock or poor a/f ratio. How do I get a better 60ft with these cars on stock tires? What RPM should I launch from?

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
yea urs is right behind me. The car defintely pulls on 2nd gear hard. I need to get the data log working and get my 60fts down lower.
My bad, I read "to get my 60fts down lower" instead of and.

I've had the most success holding the brake and then applying gas as the lights drop down the tree. You don't want to gas and brake too long or the car's computer will not be happy and pull timing thinking you are retarded. It takes a little practice, but I've been able to get below 2.0 doing that, I've only been down to about 2.05 just guessing at how hard to stab the gas.

I drop the rears to 27 psi too, raise the fronts to 45. Good luck!

Eric

1 - 7 of 7 Posts