Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I decieded that I was going to wet sand my touch up paint on the car.Thought everthing was going good until I dried the car and noticed all light scratches.So i tried to polish them out that was no good, then I tried to wax them out no good.So i went to my detailer and sat there for three hours.He did a wonderful job on the car it looks like glass now.The car is black so you could imagine how those scratches looked.He Only charged me $40.00 not bad at all.I was so happy when he showed me the car.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Wow $40 for 3 hours of work at a body shop is a steal. Glad everything worked out. I need to get some touch up done on mine too.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It was a detailing shop (car wash).But hey still $40.00 is a great price.I would say he spent about an hour in a half on the car he started to get busy so he was running around helping out with other cars.Thanks I was glad that he got the scratches out could of been alot worse.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Love to see a happy ending to the story!!

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
when you wet sand... make sure your buffing/polishing/waxing with a PC, not by hand... that was your problem right there.

ive seen people wet sand a freaking lambo before.. oh gosh i was going to cry after he hit it with the sand paper.. but follow up with a PC and you wouldn never guess it was fudged with

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks catch I really thought I f**ked up the paint by wet sanding it.Bringing the car back to him so he can detail the car for the summer, right after i put my new rims on.Black with a chrome lip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts