Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I ordered this car, some of the first things I thought would I would do are:

Window Tint
Look for a 20" wheel
Interior dress up (for the miscillaneous trim pieces that are particularly plastic looking) Tortoise Shell trim accents maybe?
Front Grill (with Verticle or Horizontal slits, or a Mesh cross hatch)
Cold Air intake
SS Exhaust, or tips

Honestly, none of this is really necessary, the Tint and Wheels are the main appearance items that I will looking into first. What are your priorities, if any?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wonder how difficult one of the aftermarket turbos suited for the Ram would be to retrofit? I bet hood clearance would be a large problem, not to mention all of the plastic engine covers. I'm VERY curious what will be done to HP on the SRT model, if anything. :D 20" wheel, absolutely. Check out the giovanna Bremans here:

They should still maintain some ride qualtity with the right tire.

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Found the info here....

http://www.allpar.com/mopar/new-mopar-hemi.html

Specifications are for the engine in the 2500 trucks. (Don't think much has changed, except a number here or there)

Power (SAE net): 345 bhp (257 kW) @ 5,400 rpm
Torque (SAE Net): 375 lb.-ft. (508 Nom) @ 4,200 rpm

Displacement 345 or 353 cu. in* (5,654 cu. cm)
Bore x stroke 3.92 x 3.58 (99.5 x 90.9)
Valve system Pushrod-operated overhead valves, 16 valves, hydraulic lifters with roller followers
Fuel injection Sequential, multi-port, electronic, returnless
Construction Deep-skirt cast iron block with cross-bolted main bearing caps. Aluminum alloy heads with hemispherical combustion chambers
Max. engine speed 5,800 rpm
Fuel requirement Unleaded mid-grade, 89 octane (R+M)/2 - recommended, Unleaded regular, 87 octane (R+M)/2 - acceptable
Oil capacity 7 qt. (6.6L)
Coolant capacity 18.7 qt. (17.7L)

I still can't figure out if it's a timing belt or chain though.... Maybe I just missed it...

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Updated Info On 5.7L Hemi With Mds

ENGINE: 5.7-LITER HEMI® MULTI-DISPLACEMENT V-8
Availability Std. – 300 C
Type and Description 90-degree V-type, liquid-cooled
Displacement 345 cu. in. (5654 cu. cm)
Bore x Stroke 3.92 x 3.58 (99.5 x 90.9)
Valve System Pushrod-operated overhead valves, 16 valves, eight deactivating and eight conventional hydraulic lifters, all with roller followers
Fuel Injection Sequential, multi-port, electronic, returnless
Construction Deep-skirt cast-iron block with cross-bolted main bearing caps, aluminum alloy heads with hemispherical combustion chambers
Compression Ratio 9.6:1
Power (estimated SAE net) 340 bhp (254 kW) @ 5000 rpm, (59.6 bhp/L)
Torque (estimated SAE Net) 390 lb.-ft. (525 N•m) @ 4000 rpm
Max. Engine Speed 5800 rpm (electronically limited)
Fuel Requirement Unleaded mid-grade, 89 octane (R+M)/2 – recommended, unleaded regular, 87 octane (R+M)/2 – acceptable
Oil Capacity 7 qt. (6.6 L)
Coolant Capacity 13.75 qt. (13 L)
Emission Controls Dual close-coupled three-way catalytic converters, quad heated oxygen sensors and internal engine features1
Max. Gross Trailer Weight 2000 lbs. (907 kg)
EPA Fuel Economy mpg (City/Hwy) RWD - 17/25 (estimated), AWD - 17/23 (estimated)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would love to put some window tint and some blue flames on my black car but I can't see messing with that car yet. Perhaps when I trade up to a SRT8

·
Registered
43 Posts
20's are a must! Too bad about the funky offset and bolt pattern. I live in California, so I am debating whether or no to tint. I really want some nice limo all the way around . . . but do I want a ticket every other week?!? Oh well, customization is a constant battle with this darn state!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mmm. . . the stock chrome 18's are pretty proportional. 20's might look pretty good though.

Just got my Cool Vanilla tinted 20%. Looks awesome. Need to get some pics this weekend in the sun.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes please, pictures with tint would be great!

·
Registered
41 Posts
i AM DYING TO SEE SOME PICTURES WITH 20-30% TINT. please post when available. I pick up my Hemi tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Bently grille, oil filter magnet and transmission pan magnet, cold air intake or K&N filter (not available yet), weather tech advantage floor mats, mirror turn signals (supposedly a dealer option in three months).

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey,
newbie here and ordered my 300 a few weeks ago and was wondering what the funky offset and bolt pattern was? I was thinking that being rear wheel drive, it would be a no brainer but from what I have been reading, it seems like it is going to be a chore. I have seen one with 22" on it and he did not say anything about it being funky or hard. BTW, I'm looking to put 20's on and the tint will be done before I pick it up.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I will do that right now! Also, I talked to Eibach springs on the phone and they are in the process of making something for our vehicles. They said they have a 300C on 22's in their warehouse and they are currently fabricating the springs for it.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
vineuh said:
Hey,
newbie here and ordered my 300 a few weeks ago and was wondering what the funky offset and bolt pattern was? I was thinking that being rear wheel drive, it would be a no brainer but from what I have been reading, it seems like it is going to be a chore. I have seen one with 22" on it and he did not say anything about it being funky or hard. BTW, I'm looking to put 20's on and the tint will be done before I pick it up.
The bolt pattern is what Cadillac/GM uses - 5x115. The 300C OEM wheel is 18x7.5 et24. Wheel selection will be slow because wheel makers will have to retool and make new cast for this car. Most other 5x115 wheels use high offset like et40. 5x114.3 will also fit.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Bling Bling!

Yo:

:D

·
Registered
71 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Tires will be first for me, depending on what's available.

Next will be intake/exhaust.

I'll have to think about gears. I want to see how these trannies hold up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts