Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 touring im done with the outside except for the rims what would look and feel the best any suggestions?:pat:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Stick with 22's

·
Registered
697 Posts
24" all day. I've never had any suspension problems at all. Went over 40,000 miles on the first set of 24" with a eibach pro-kit drop.

It really depends on what you are going for. Performance=no 24". Looks=hell yeah 24".

·
Registered
585 Posts
Yea no pros IMO. 22" looks much better. My 22s are lighter than stock 20s.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Keep in mind the question was about putting 24's on a 300. The 300C has larger brakes and a few other upgrades.

Driving style, climate and road conditions also play into the equation. There have been many, many posts here about big off-warranty expenses for brake and suspension repair due to increasing unsprung wheel weight.

The faster a wheel spins, the more mass and force it generates on brakes and suspension. An increase of 10 lbs per wheel quickly becomes several times that weight at speed.

Large wheels look nice on our rides. Just be aware of the downside, especially when going from a 300 with a 17" OEM wheel. There are some very nice large, light wheels out there, especially the 3 piece forged ones (unfortunately, the best wheels often cost big $$$$).

·
Registered
622 Posts
I think the biggest issue with 24's or larger wheels is the effect on braking.
I would suggest upgrading your braking system before going to a wheel that is 6" in diameter larger than the wheels you have.
I would hate to see you get the bigger rims without the bigger brakes and end up getting into an accident where you weren't able to stop. I think the insurance company would have something to say about the wheel and brake system you are thinking of using if you were involved in an accident/
Remember, safety first!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts