Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THESE LOOK KINDA GOOD ON A BLACK 300C. HOW MUCH DO THESE NORMALLY RUN? ARE THEY LEGAL? CAN YOU STILL SEE THE TAILLIGHTS?

AND NEGATIVES FROM HAVING THEM?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
They are professionally tinted by a shop most likely. Testors and a few other companies make tail light tint paint.No one sells blackened Tail Lights for the 300c that I'm aware of. Tint paint is very common however.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rogue said:
They are professionally tinted by a shop most likely. Testors and a few other companies make tail light tint paint.No one sells blackened Tail Lights for the 300c that I'm aware of. Tint paint is very common however.
are they leagl?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Having been creamed 3 times in the last 2 years by knotheads not seeing my tail lights (the last one totaled my T-Bird 3 days before the C arrived), I am not about to tempt fate and alter my tail lights (and give Mr or MRS knothead an excuse for not seeing me). They DO look cool, though!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Plexiglas covers.
Since they don't seem to be available for the 300, the spray on looks like a good alternative. The guy whom claims to have been in an accident may not have been caused by the use of blackouts. I have never been pulled over by police for them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Too the question of legality the answer is no they are not legal. I am sure about Ca, but I'am sure most states share the same basic vehicle code. Oh yeah the plastic plate cover is also a big no-no!

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
smitty said:
Too the question of legality the answer is no they are not legal. I am sure about Ca, but I'am sure most states share the same basic vehicle code. Oh yeah the plastic plate cover is also a big no-no!
Most codes specify that the brake and turn lights must be visible in terms of lumens (light output). The tinted lights on my C meet the code. Some owners go darker and simply put brighter bulbs in the sockets.

http://www.300cforums.com/showthread.php?t=1159

1 - 18 of 18 Posts