Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of us selling C's when our SRT's come in, what are you going to ask for it? How many miles? Are you going to swap your current wheels (whatever they may be) or keep the stock SRT wheels and tires?

·
Registered
440 Posts
That's a good question. At what rate do they depreciate? My car was $38,858 + about $2,000 tax. I’ve added another 4K-4.5K in mods. All said and done I have about $44,500 with tax in the car.

I plan to let the car go as is and give the new owner the factory rims. I think I’ll keep the 20’s till I hear what other people on the forum are doing in the way of 22’s. Heck, the 22’s may problems fitting.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking of keeping my 22's also, unless they won't fit on the SRT for some reason. I have mixed emotions about changing the set-up the factory has dialed in for this car.

I searched cars.com and the average used C price is around 35k, but there are none within 350 miles of where I am.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Well, in any major metropolitan area - 300Cs sell themselves.
Heck, on the West Coast, seems like folks are willing to pay major amounts over-MSRP.
I say, sell it yourself - but be prepared for phone calls 3 weeks after you sell it on the first day.
Under 10K miles - try for same price you paid. You probably will get close, if not luckily more.
Under 20K - 2 grand under.
Under 30K - 3 grand under.
THink re-sale on these cars is gonna surprise all involved.
Dont sell yourself short.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would be outstanding. I am in MN, I have the car in storage with only 8700 miles.

·
Registered
440 Posts
You can have mine for 39K and I'll buy you a plane ticket to Indy. Hell, I'll even take you out to the titty bar :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
$39k??!! I think you are a little irrational on how much demand there is for a used 300C. If you can get someone to pay that, I would be impressed.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
mnext02 said:
venga dont forget you are going to sell it to me with the 22s for $30k and I am in MN. ;)
Before I put it in the paper I will let you know when and how much, you'll have your shot. It is looking like a sellers market. I do like the titty bar special idea.

Search cars.com, you'll see the average used price (with stock wheels) is about 35k. And there isn't one within 358 miles of here. You might have to pry that wallet open alittle further.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Depends on production levels of the SRT

I think that would depend on the production levels of the SRT. I believe I read somewhere that production would be limited to around 10,000 SRT's beginning in 06. I heard the 05's will be significantly less. If thats the case and we say 50% (which I think is high) of the people who buy SRT's will trade a C then we are looking at an additional 5000 C's on the market. That is probably not enough to effect pricing that much.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
qictrk said:
With a bunch of people tradeing in their 300's for a SRT-8, I think the price for the 300 is bound to drop. Better trade in early.
The 300 set a new standard for styling and comfort in the 4 door domestic sedan. The SRT-8 will raise the bar on performance, over the C. GM and Ford have nothing to compete and similar imports are at least $10 K more.

The limited availability of the Srt-8, may result in actually improving the resale value of used 05 300C's. Consumers who would like the SRT-8 but can't pony up the bucks will turn to the C. Most cars drop a good 25-30% of value in their first year. So far, the C is resisting that trend.

If you plan to sell an 05 C, the most important factor, other than mileage and condition will be the date that the 06's roll into the showrooms. All 05's will most likely drop on that date, because of the traditional book pricing system.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Northern Rider said:
39K? I'm in. Only, I don't have a kitty. Can we still go to the bar?
I'll meet you in Detroit ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts