Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your plans for visual and/or performance mods?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Perhaps some fuzzy dice! :D What else does it need?

It does need some SRT Alloy pedals just like every other SRT model.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Somebody tell us how to drop in another transmission which can exploit the 6.1L Hemi's true capablilities.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1. Visual- You gotta make it your own.
2. Performance- You can never have enough power

I am curious as to what the Hemiheads will come up with for performance mods or has the factory pushed it to the limit out of the box.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Wish Do Come True (eventually)

DCX engineers went for max horsepower - instead of max low/mid range torque, because it would have required them to design a new intake (that and a stronger transmission) - maybe Wieland will come up with something "special" for us. Or maybe AMG will loan out its designs for the E55 transmission (469hp/516 ft/lbs torque). :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
as far as I know there is no difference in the Tranny in my E55 (355HP/390 ft-lbs) over the 469HP/516 ft/lbs trannies and the 300C tranny has the same numbers, final drive and shift points as my 2002 E55.

·
Registered
46 Posts
exactly kev...

why is all this talk of the trans being the weak link?

the trans is the same as every e class, both w210 and w211, so what makes the e55 trans so strong?

I would assume the trans has been beefed up, so there is nothing stopping the aftermarket from selling that upgrade package....hopefully at domestic prices and not the typical inflated german aftermarket prices

dr dave
2002 e55 on the way out
2006 srt 8 on order

·
Registered
358 Posts
Mods for me will include:

35% Tint, Sides & Rear

Clear 3M Bra on Front

Factory Mudgards, F & R, unpainted

That's about it, visual-wise. It's a Black SRT8, so, right from the Factory it will look pretty sharp. The Tint will look great, and the Mudguards won't mar the appearance of the car.

Performance, I dunno. The car's Hardware is pretty much there already. It may be that a Chip Upgrade is all it will take for close to maximum street performance.

But, Geesh...it already does 0-60 in @ 5 seconds. That's pretty fast. I would not want to degrade drivability for only a few more horses...

We'll See...

LJB :cool:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Love that black grill

Vengra, you thinking flat or gloss?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Uber Alles

drdave said:
I would assume the trans has been beefed up, so there is nothing stopping the aftermarket from selling that upgrade package....hopefully at domestic prices and not the typical inflated german aftermarket prices
You said a real mouthful there. MB alwayz makes with the deustche-mark denominated prices. Made in Germany = 5X the price. Made by AMG in Germany for MB = the skies the limit.
Heck, my old Silver Shadow was cheaper to buy parts for.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Only thing I'm thinking right now is some tint. I'm getting a silver one, I can't decide what type of tint I'm gonna go with. Any ideas on what might look good? I was thinking something with a "smoky" look to it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
300CUL8R said:
Vengra, you thinking flat or gloss?
I was thinking flat just on the cross pieces leaving the chrome outside. Might look better then the Bently mesh look. Also, maybe tying the mirrors in with black. Then the mirrors wouldn't be like the C or the Touring.

Attached is a photo with just the uprights painted, leaving the horizontal chrome. The grill is made so this would be really easy. Interesting, still playing. Gotta love Photoshop.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
drdave said:
exactly kev...

why is all this talk of the trans being the weak link?

the trans is the same as every e class, both w210 and w211, so what makes the e55 trans so strong?
The transmission used in AMG cars and the E55 is a high torque version which came from the one used in SL600 with a V12. The tranny used in the 300C has the very same specs. However, they don't drive the same to me. I can make the E55 do a neck-snapping kickdown and take-off, but I can not get the same reaction in either the 300C or Magnum RT. :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
M3SMG02 said:
Mods for me will include:

Factory Mudgards, F & R, unpainted
I have a feeling the rear splash guards may not fit the SRT-8 with that little extra lip on the side of the lower rear spoiler lip. A test fit will be required.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mods will include 20x9 Asanti AF132 with stock tires,Strut grille,tinted windows,VIP rear roof wing painted silver.Does anybody know if you can put stock grille back in place of aftermarket???

·
Registered
358 Posts
E55 KEV said:
I have a feeling the rear splash guards may not fit the SRT-8 with that little extra lip on the side of the lower rear spoiler lip. A test fit will be required.
I asked this question B4, a while ago, someone said they should fit.

But, you may be right...

Hope they DO fit, as it's a Black Car (My FIRST Black Car - Ever) and I don't want it eroded on the flanks.

LJB ;)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Diplomatically treading the manifold minefield, and not on people's toes

Redman said:
DCX engineers went for max horsepower - instead of max low/mid range torque, because it would have required them to design a new intake (that and a stronger transmission) - maybe Wieland will come up with something "special" for us. Or maybe AMG will loan out its designs for the E55 transmission (469hp/516 ft/lbs torque). :rolleyes:
Agreed

A quote from Car and Driver re the 6.1 intake manifold:

Slim budgets didn't allow tooling up a new composite dual-stage intake manifold that would have fattened the low- and midrange torque, so engineers went for a max-horsepower setup. A cast aluminium piece (the standard 5.7 is a composite plastic) with shorter, larger-diameter and tapered runners for high-speed tuning. It sends air plunging down pole-straight rams at the intake valves. Internally the runners are dipped to smooth the finish and improve air flow.

Yes nice if they had use the AMG E55 slush box then in that eventual 600HP monster; transmissions would not be a definite consumable item just like tires.

PS Redman it's Weiand - just pointed out to make it easier to google
http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Weiand.html

also another tidbit:

The SRT8 also breathes through a revised high-flow air cleaner box outfitted with a tuned resonator delivering a deep performance sound character (and good for an extra eight horsepower).

So unless some others don't get what that means: It means that if you fit an aftermarket cold air intake on your SRT8 and if you start braggin about how much faster it made your car, you might as well brand "sucker" on your forehead. - it's already done, and done properly.

Zilla

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
John G said:
E55,wait till the SRT/8 comes out then compare kickdown..
I'll be lucky to find an SRT-8 to drive! I am just comparing my 02 E55, 05 300C and 05 Magnum RT. All have the same torque (390), tranny and only 15HP difference between my E55 and the Hemi cars. :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts