Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, after searching for hours and reading mixed points and opinions, im just gonna ask anyway...I have a 07 300 SRT, NOW, The car has the 6 disc Mp3 nav deck, with siruis and uconnect, as well as the factory alarm, which gives me SRT Option group II, But, i dont have the Subwoofer in the trunk or under the package tray, now the speakers are BA b/c i took down the cover in the trunk and looked at them, so in all im looking at 7 speakers with the three in the dash...Where is my sub??? was it forgotten??? was it possible to get Option Group II with out the Sub??? B/c i dont have it...I mean this car has everything but the SUB...What the hell??? I need some help here...i want to upgrade the system b/c honestly, it kinda sucks...my cuz has a 07 Grand Cherokee six cylinder with the BA system and it rocks, my SRT should have the same here...

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
There should have been a sub between the rear speakers on the
parcel shelf for sound group II.

Are you the original owner? For sound group I there is no center channel.

Did you see the connector for the sub at least?

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Can someone chime in on what the BA7 was as well? For that was the 7th speaker a center channel or a sub?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
There should have been a sub between the rear speakers on the
parcel shelf for sound group II.

Are you the original owner? For sound group I there is no center channel.

Did you see the connector for the sub at least?
Nah no sub...just an open space with some sticky rubber over the hole...i am the second owner, i didnt seen any connector...as i only partially pryed down the cover in the trunk to see the speakers...i didnt get a good look around to see if there was a plug for an add on...Hopefully someone will chime in here...thanks...

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No one huh??? no one has any kind of info???:pat:

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Thats weird, I had the BA 7 in my last C, and there was a crappy lil 8" sub in the rear deck!

It sounded crappy by the way you are not missing much LOL

Add a amp, and a sub with a small box!

You can check out the small Alpine MRP line that will give you nice power speaker level wires so you dont need to run RCAS.

Then get the power ground and remote from the trunk area, and you are set Take you 1 hour max to install and less than $400.00 will get you the Amp, sub, and box.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
No one huh??? no one has any kind of info???:pat:
...from my experience it is possible the sub was not added and it should have been. I have an 07 SRT8 also and have just completed a full sound and video install you can see HERE!

Mine did have the sub when I purchased it and according to Chrysler it had the full Kicker Sound package, 3 2way speakers in the dash, 2 1way bass drivers in the front doors, 2 2way drivers in the parcel shelf and the sub in the boot. This supposedly gave me the 13 speakers as listed for this option.

Here is were it gets interesting, after pulling the 3 front speakers from the dash, I discovered they were only 3 1way Bostons!!! Not that this system sounded bad to begin with, it was quite good. Chrysler told me that they could have put these in when the car was made as the Kicker 2 ways might not have been available.

They apologised and have ordered me the 3 three Kickers I paid for!!! So far its 6 weeks down the track and I only have two of them. They are VERY hard to get so im guessing that the parts were not available at the time so the Bostons were installed. Chrylser has apologised and they are now tracing my build back to see how the Bostons were appoved for installation at the point of build.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
...from my experience it is possible the sub was not added and it should have been. I have an 07 SRT8 also and have just completed a full sound and video install you can see HERE!

Mine did have the sub when I purchased it and according to Chrysler it had the full Kicker Sound package, 3 2way speakers in the dash, 2 1way bass drivers in the front doors, 2 2way drivers in the parcel shelf and the sub in the boot. This supposedly gave me the 13 speakers as listed for this option.

Here is were it gets interesting, after pulling the 3 front speakers from the dash, I discovered they were only 3 1way Bostons!!! Not that this system sounded bad to begin with, it was quite good. Chrysler told me that they could have put these in when the car was made as the Kicker 2 ways might not have been available.

They apologised and have ordered me the 3 three Kickers I paid for!!! So far its 6 weeks down the track and I only have two of them. They are VERY hard to get so im guessing that the parts were not available at the time so the Bostons were installed. Chrylser has apologised and they are now tracing my build back to see how the Bostons were appoved for installation at the point of build.
tell you What that makes a lot of sense...ill check into that and im gonna check out that thread as well...i mean the highs and mids are great in the car they sound crisp and clear...i just have no bass what so ever and its pissing me off...i love bass and when i pay 40K for a car and im supposed to get a good audio system i want it...Thanks for the input....

·
Registered
597 Posts
is it possible to have the 7 speaker setup with no sub. Reason i ask is i just bought a 300 limited. it did not have a sound group package on it but had a "Preferred customer" package (or so says the bill of sale from the original owner). This was because he was an exec at chrysler and I happened to buy it used after he drove it for less than a year.

On the bill of sale it says 7 BA speakers, amp, but does not list a subwoofer within this package.

Is it possible that this "Preferred customer" package has the 7 speaker setup adn amp without the sub?

just a thought cause i dunno if i have a sub either but i got the BA7 setup

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
is it possible to have the 7 speaker setup with no sub. Reason i ask is i just bought a 300 limited. it did not have a sound group package on it but had a "Preferred customer" package (or so says the bill of sale from the original owner). This was because he was an exec at chrysler and I happened to buy it used after he drove it for less than a year.

On the bill of sale it says 7 BA speakers, amp, but does not list a subwoofer within this package.

Is it possible that this "Preferred customer" package has the 7 speaker setup adn amp without the sub?

just a thought cause i dunno if i have a sub either but i got the BA7 setup
Seems to be the question we cant find the answer to...I mean how are you gonna get a Limited 300 with the BA7 setup, and im gonna have a SRT and have the same setup??? who knows???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts