Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2012 300SRT8 since May and really enjoy the car. I love the fact that not alot of people realize how well the car performs. The car can sneak up on people. As an example, I was able to catch a red light next to a new 2012 Lexus IS F. After making eye contact with the driver and waiting for the light to turn green we were off, it was nice to watch the Lexus never have a chance to pass the rear of my SRT8. We raced from a dead stop to 75mph before we needed to slow down for the next stop light. The owner pulled up next to me and said he was surprised how quick my car was and seemed a little depressed to find out the HP was higher on the SRT8. He complemented me on the SRT8, I did the same for his Lexus and we went our on seperate ways. It was a great feeling to have left another one in the dust and see the shock on his face as he drove off.

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,567 Posts
It might be more appropriate to ask what car you haven't dusted off...that might be a shorter list! LOL

Take a moment to introduce yourself and your car in our Newbie section. Glad to have you aboard!

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the win. My friend has an IS-F and it's pretty fast, but it was no faster (in terms of trap speed) or quicker (in terms of ET) than my stock SRT8 on the day he went to the drag strip with me. I had a better ET that day, but it was my friends first time at the track, and he probably would have done better with more practice. I have a previous generation SRT8. I've been down the strip over 100 times and have beaten lots of different cars, everything from fancy imports like the Jaguar X-Type S, Audi S4, and BMW 335i to Camaros, Mustangs and even a modded WS6 Trans Am with DRs.

·
Registered
308 Posts
With a 2012 SRT you have plenty of power to beat many cars out there so the kill list will definitly grow. Its funny because today i had a nice white 2012 300SRT pull up next to me on the highway. Nothing was planned at all. He looked like he was ready to go since i was watching him from far away slowly trying to make his way and get next to my car. He eventually did he had a slight hit i went left and he for some odd reason went right and ended up getting stuck with people getting on the highway. It would've been nice to race it, im sure i would've lost either way i was willing to try. Only other race ive had was with a 350Z, that one i got beat didnt have enough room to pass and his circus moves cutting through traffic wasnt worth it to save my pride. I wish i had a race with an ISF that must have been exciting to say the least they are fast cars with a fast shifting tranny, also lighter then our cars for sure.

·
Registered
133 Posts
There are a couple of you videos on You Tube, a 2012 300SRT beat a C5 Vette and a pretty even race against a CTSv coupe. My victims so far are a 4.6 liter Mustang GT and a Porshe Caymen s.

·
Registered
510 Posts
There's a blue IS-F that will street race anything with a pulse around here. Shame he'll never take it to the track. Friend of mine in a heavily-modded SRT-4 raced him on a divided highway with no traffic a couple of years ago; the IS-F couldn't catch up. Didn't stop him from doing a ricer flyby after my friend let off.

The street scene has changed dramatically in the last 10 years; no shame in posting a kill back then, because we usually shut down before things went crazy, and didn't do crazy things in traffic. Now, the cool thing to do is condemn anything that even looks like street racing. I'm surprised we don't have armchair-quarterbacks in here berating anyone for letting the needle slip past the posted speed, or chirping the tires (oh my! sinner!).

I've left a few 350 and 370s in the dust. Couple of 'Stangs. Not really any "victorious" kills like the good old days. Not a lot of cars out there worth the fuel or potential headache if there's a overzealous cop hiding in the bushes. Now everyone with a Prelude and a black wing revs at the lights. Hell, even soccer moms use merge lanes to get in front of everyone!

Thanks to all the kids who do 100+ MPH in rush-hour traffic, or lift-off oversteer themselves into an overpass off-ramp, "street-racing" is seen as bad as arson. People who can't keep it in their pants, the rest of us who know when to put the hammer down and now suffer for it, salute you.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
It's more fun to go to a track and race. At the track, there are never any worries about getting thrown in jail with excessive lawyer fees to follow. If you live in an area like me (near Washington D.C in the suburbs), the chances of running into anything faster than a Ford Focus or a Toyota Camry are very, very slim. I have to go to the track to find fast cars.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Yet to get lucky in my 300 SRT8 on a race against anything other than my wife's Jeep SRT8... which reminds me that I need to set that race up, lol.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks to all the kids who do 100+ MPH in rush-hour traffic, or lift-off oversteer themselves into an overpass off-ramp, "street-racing" is seen as bad as arson. People who can't keep it in their pants, the rest of us who know when to put the hammer down and now suffer for it, salute you.
you couldn't have said it any better

·
Registered
5 Posts
Must be nice to not lose ur car if you get pulled over speed...
Here in Ontario Canada, if you get caught doing over 90 mph, you lose ur car. It gets impounded for 7 days and u get stuck with the bill ($1000)....and they suspend ur license for 7 days automatically so u gotta walk home!
Just be careful if you ever come to Toronto;)

·
Registered
87 Posts
hi from Sydney Australia
my 300 is a built 426 with a 3.6 kennebell it has over 700rhwp and does low 11 seconds many times on the track
here in Sydney most of the wannabes have the little jap pocket rockets which are very quick off the lights and there are lots of Holden and ford v8's
they all look at the BIG 300 and some get there ambitions mixed up with there capabilities !
i don't like going hard from the lights as i get way to much wheel spin on my 24's and i dont like the attention u get from squelching tyres (here anyone can complain about the sound level of ur car over the phone and u get a notice to attend for a testing )
so i will let them get a little ahead then move up till my exhaust is level with there ear drum and hit it hard
with my varex mufflers wide open no cats and a 3" tti drag system the sound is ear drum busting especially if there window is open !!!
that's how we roll down under lol
Pictures by chris595959 - Photobucket

·
Registered
24 Posts
my runs,,,so far

i have owned my 300 srt for a few months now and i bumped into only a couple of cars that wanted to play. i toyed with a g8 gt but he couldnt keep up and did a 20~ roll with a stock evo x and that was no competition.. BUT FINALLY!!!... A Friend of mine has a very modded wrx.. much faster than a stock sti, so i got a couple runs on my go pro camera. every run from a roll i killed him but the dig.... man can that wrx launch.. my computer told me i went 4.8 0-60 and he SPANKED me off the line.. and also my comp said 12.6 1/4 which is believable for me considering the factors that i weigh close to nothing, and i live about 40ft above sea level and it was about 40deg.. (plus i dont know if we were pointed slightly down,, i dont think so.) but if you check out my vid. you will see that i dont pass the wrx until about 13.3ish i was impressed by that little 4banger but when i passed him i was probly 20-30mph faster CHECK OUT MY VIDEO , COMMENT, LIKE, OR DISLIKE

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Wow! That was very impressive! Once the SRT8 started to pull, it was gone. That wasn't "walking away". The SRT8 "ran away". The AWD is tough to beat on a launch, especially on an unprepped street surface. It was fun to watch the SRT8 catch up and run past the WRX!

Oh yeah, the 12.6 is totally believable. I was at the track with a fellow forum member (07BBSRT8) and he ran a 12.6 in his '12 SRT8 300.

·
Banned
1,625 Posts
Mercedes S500

This guy pulls up to the side of me acting all big and bad and then cuts me off to take off towards the next light. I FLOORED IT - FLEW AROUND HIM - MADE IT TO THE LIGHT AND STILL WAS ABLE TO STOP BEFORE CROSSING the crosswalk.

He pulls up to the side of me and says: "yeah - I see you got some fire under the hood".

I'm like: "yup"

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Mercedes S500

This guy pulls up to the side of me acting all big and bad and then cuts me off to take off towards the next light. I FLOORED IT - FLEW AROUND HIM - MADE IT TO THE LIGHT AND STILL WAS ABLE TO STOP BEFORE CROSSING the crosswalk.

He pulls up to the side of me and says: "yeah - I see you got some fire under the hood".

I'm like: "yup"
I just noticed you have a supercharger on your SRT. What kind do you have?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Drive an WRX (STI) 6 speed manual a few years ago and it was probably the ridiculous driving experience of my life. When my friend took over driving, we took some turns so hard I thought I was going to die right there, and the tires didn't even squeal.

Ridiculous fast, and just sticks to the friggin ground. Still, aside from driving it like a lunatic, I did not enjoy it as a daily driver.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Here's a nice list for you guys,

Everything I write is true, I have a lot of wins and some losses all on the streets so here we go, I have no reason to lie or exaggerate, I don't know any of you people.

Wins - on highway destroyed a c5 corvette, this vette didn't stand a chance, to be honest wasn't even close.

On highway beat a 2012 mustang 5.0, was a fun race, closer than vette but my car at the time was bone stock, mods on mustang were unknown if any.

On highway destroyed Camaro ss, we all know that these cars don't stand a chance.

On highway beat an older jeep srt8 respectfully (prior to mods)

Other insignificant beats on highways include; older Camaro ss, Pontiac g8, Pontiac gtp, tayras sho, and a Pontiac GTO.

From dead stops at lights in city, I've took down a 2012 corvette grand sport (inexperienced driver a lot of wheel spin) my car was bone stock at time.

From dead stop beat a 2012 cadillac cts-v good race but our cars are faster in the city, have yet to catch one on the roll.

6.1 dodge challenger, 2011 Camaro ss, Pontiac GTO, Porsche panamara turbo

RACES I LOST

I have no lost any races from dead stop but on highway I have lost 2 races, I lost to the same Porsche panamara turbo that I beat from a dead stop, we were going from 70 and his car kept inching mine until it was in front of my car, we were doing 160 but there is no doubt his car was faster, I had all mods except exhaust when I lost this race.
I also lost to a 2012 corvette zr1 but surprisingly it was horrible, it wasn't great either but the corvette really respected that my car stood up with the fact that his car costs 70k more.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts