Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since our 300/300Cs have made such a splash amongst the industry and us, the owner/drivers, the unanswered debate/question is what category would you place the 300, the C in particular?

family/sport/muscle/luxury etc....

I believe DCX has came out with a vehicle that touches all of the above and has made a vehicle where a new category is needed.

I believe in 3 to 5 years time, with new suspension control being tested by Bose, to augment ESP, traction control and ABS etc. NAV systems with real-time monitoring, (have to give it to the Acura folk for that one). Harddrive/computer AV systems. Along with some tweaks i.e. 20"/22" factory wheels and a mag. holder on bothe seats the 300s will be hard to catch up too.

Now if customer service can catch up to all of that???

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Northern Rider said:
How about:Luxury Muscle Car
I like it NR!
When I hear 'family car' I think minivan with sticky windows... when I hear 'sports car' I think small, spry 2-seater... I usually just say mine is a
Luxury Car on Steroids :p

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
HEMEEE said:
I like it NR!
When I hear 'family car' I think minivan with sticky windows... when I hear 'sports car' I think small, spry 2-seater... I usually just say mine is a
Luxury Car on Steroids :p

There in no dought in my mind this is a... Muscle Car.

Its what would have been coming down the road if the oil crisis of the 70's hadn't made Detroit Change its thinking. Look at it no matter what they say it looks and stands up to any of the classic Muscle of the 60 and early 70's.
Its just wraped in nice leather and trim, which some of those cars had as there highend options.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
muscle...

Since a few have said muscle, the question leads to the SRT-8 and Dodge Charger?

The 6.1L Hemi and '06 Charger seem to be the muscle (imo)

Before I drove off the lot here in the MotorCity I would see the C either with the suits(businessmen) or the customizers(softtops, 22"s etc) back in July-Sep.

I have not seen a car that is customized (visually) like ours.

With the luxury side it seems that the higher end cars have better service. I equate luxury with service.

so it would seem 'high-output/semi-luxury'

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
tekhen said:
.... With the luxury side it seems that the higher end cars have better service. I equate luxury with service.
so it would seem 'high-output/semi-luxury'
The term "luxury" is subjective but here's my take using your description... We had a BMW 7 series that I hated/he loved - my Hubby generously traded it for my C. Our experience of BMW service sucked and the C is infinitely more comfortable, roomy, better sound system & NAV, unique standout appearance... AND now I have real working cupholders! :p

I don't know how much higher end you have to go for good service... Rolls? Bentley? I haven't been in for service with my C yet, but I expect it to suck too, that way I won't be disappointed and it creates the opportunity for me to even be pleasantly surprised. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I personally put it under the sport/lux group.... its got the look of a 'baby bentley' with the performance of a sports car.....
that's really the reson I'm considering getting one, I want something that I can go pick people up in, that will get respect when I pull up somewhere, and that will run with the mustang's and maro's (unmodded of course)........... afterall, I have a powerhouse vehicle, now I just want somethin to cruise aorund and get respectable mileage

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
tekhen said:
Since a few have said muscle, the question leads to the SRT-8 and Dodge Charger?

The 6.1L Hemi and '06 Charger seem to be the muscle (imo)
Remember that 'in the day' many cars were considered muscle cars, even with different powerplants...like the old MOPAR days of 383's, 440 six packs, 426 Hemis...in Chargers and the like....

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jjs,

I thought of the great Mopars(road runner, the "bee" etc) as well as others the pontiac gto, ford mustang.
The late 60's, early 70's was the golden time for muscle cars. I'm a child of the 80's so OPEC and FWD wiped out the muscle car as I know it but following history when the true power plants were set aside the big 3 started adding the "luxury" ammenities to make up for the lack of power.

The C although 30 years removed seems to be melding the two together. As it seems that (and yes I will say this) you could consider this a family car. I remember my father's brown new yorker back in the 70's now that was a SHIP! The C has a ton of space on top of being fun to drive. Current technology as well as the public and a few smart car designers have made cars fun again.

This car is def. set apart from all others!

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
tekhen said:
jjs,

I thought of the great Mopars(road runner, the "bee" etc) as well as others the pontiac gto, ford mustang.
The late 60's, early 70's was the golden time for muscle cars. I'm a child of the 80's so OPEC and FWD wiped out the muscle car as I know it but following history when the true power plants were set aside the big 3 started adding the "luxury" ammenities to make up for the lack of power.

The C although 30 years removed seems to be melding the two together. As it seems that (and yes I will say this) you could consider this a family car. I remember my father's brown new yorker back in the 70's now that was a SHIP! The C has a ton of space on top of being fun to drive. Current technology as well as the public and a few smart car designers have made cars fun again.

This car is def. set apart from all others!
Don't forget the damned insurance companies...they had ALOT to do with the decline!! :mad:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jjs said:
Don't forget the damned insurance companies...they had ALOT to do with the decline!! :mad:

How could I forget?? You are def. correct!!!
Insurance can't live with it, can't live with out it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
yea, insurance is one reason that I'm having to wait a little longer than I had hoped to get the vehidle I want.... and I'm still not able to get the vehicle that I really want.... if insurance wasn't so high, I could deal with the worse gas mileage

1 - 12 of 12 Posts