Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, you read correctly folks. Late last year I asked my local Chrysler dealer to fix my sunroof (very, very minor problem) and they said they had to order the parts in. About a week later, they called saying it had arrived and when would I like to book it in. When I asked how long it would take, they replied "about 5 days". I told the woman as I use the car every day, I can't afford 5 days without it so I'll call her back next year.

Anyway, first week in January, she calls back asking when I want to book it in. I told her again that I'm busy and need to find a quiet week where I don't need the car.

She has called 3 times since! The lastest call (a few days ago) she said I need to book it in soon as they can only hold the parts for so long (which is fair enough).

It p1sses me off that I have to PAY for a hire car due to a warranty issue but that aside, it is strange having Chrysler chase me to fix my car after hearing so many bad service stories!

·
Registered
750 Posts
5 days also sounds really excessive.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
i get free loaner cars :)

and yes, they arent allowed to hold your parts for more than 15 days.. so if its been a year already, consider yourself lucky.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
They ain't chasing you, they just want to get the parts out of their inventory!

Five days is rediculous. You could have the entire roof cut off, put back on, and painted in that amount of time. Tell them they have one day to do the job, and to schedule the availability of their personnel accordingly.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
I agree that 5 days is outrageous. They could change it into a convertible in that length of time and do a complete makeover (well on Overhaulin it takes 7 days).

Plus no loaner? I would get pushing them for that if it is gonna take over a day.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Agreed! So who's going to be first to blame the woman on the phone? lol
When you make the booking, find out exactly why its going to take so long.

Although... if you lived in Canberra im sure the 5 days would be about right!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I am with the guys above. Ask for a loaner car....I sure as hell get one

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did ask and they said no. I might put another call in tomorrow and tell them I'll take my future business to a competitor. I did this with my last service and they knocked $140 off the price!

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
I did ask and they said no. I might put another call in tomorrow and tell them I'll take my future business to a competitor. I did this with my last service and they knocked $140 off the price!
Why wait until next time? Take your business elsewhere NOW. And let the new guy know where he can get the parts real quick!

They knocked $140 off of what service? How much "service" does a 2006 need? Yikes!

·
Registered
580 Posts
I agree that 5 days is outrageous. They could change it into a convertible in that length of time and do a complete makeover (well on Overhaulin it takes 7 days).

Plus no loaner? I would get pushing them for that if it is gonna take over a day.
Boyd Coddingtons shop could have it done overnight!

Actually I am with joey, they must be allocated a certain amount of time by CA hq on the TSB which they charge back as a warranty claim.
Might be you have to annoy someone at CA for the answer
Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts