Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7961381624&category=33597

POWER MONSTER MODULE?

This auction is for a new Power Monster Module. It fits 2005-2006 Chrysler 300C, Dodge Magnum, or a Dodge Charger with a 5.7l HEMI. This module is by far the most bang for your buck. This module can add up to 22Hp . Also the Power Monster module is very durable, and will not fail like some $150+ modules. This is not a simple single resistor chip like the other chips at this price. The Power Monster module will not lower fuel mileage unless your foot is into it. This is the one you want!!!!!! Thanks for looking!!!!!

A quick search through the old google revealed no such company in existance... what gives?

Now I don't know about you people, but my engine bay does not look like that...

·
Registered
506 Posts
Bwhahahahaha!

That my friend is a .......... waste of money......

I want to know what POS he screwed that thing into, it sure isn't a LX vehicle.

I really don't have anything else to say but wow and some sinckering.. I will watch this one and see if it goes without bid or if someone takes the bait

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
slk320 said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7961381624&category=33597

POWER MONSTER MODULE?

This auction is for a new Power Monster Module. It fits 2005-2006 Chrysler 300C, Dodge Magnum, or a Dodge Charger with a 5.7l HEMI. This module is by far the most bang for your buck. This module can add up to 22Hp . Also the Power Monster module is very durable, and will not fail like some $150+ modules. This is not a simple single resistor chip like the other chips at this price. The Power Monster module will not lower fuel mileage unless your foot is into it. This is the one you want!!!!!! Thanks for looking!!!!!

A quick search through the old google revealed no such company in existance... what gives?

Now I don't know about you people, but my engine bay does not look like that...

I excnaged emails with the guy a few times, he seems to be extremely vague and did not answer any of my questions clearly. I asked for pics installed in a LX and he never responded again. I'd pass for sure...

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I know what it is!!!

A box w/a picture and 4 wires......ask the guy for some dyno info. this is funny.

maybe some snake oil is in the box????

·
Registered
208 Posts
What's his test mule there, a '68 Coronet?

·
Registered
859 Posts
What he has there, like he said, is not a single resistor, but infact TWO resistors
placed in that box!

Those "Power Modules" are nothing but 5K or 10K ohm resistors that you can put
inline on the wiring to your air temperature sensor to fool it into thinking its really
cold outside, and thus, the engine will compensate by pumping more fuel for what
it thinks is denser air entering your engine.

Do they work? Somewhat. They do indeed fake out your computor into thinking
the air is colder, and adds more fuel to compensate. They usually will throw your
check engine light on, and if your not careful, you can run too rich if you put too
high a resistance on the air temp sensor.

But these things are no more than a 33 cent resistor, or even a 50 cent adjustable
resistor, placed inside a sometimes fancy box.

Stay away from this crap. Why would you want to hook something up to a car
you just paid over 30 grand for, made by some toothless dude in his garage?

Jim

·
Registered
118 Posts
It's a rip off.

I sent the seller a message stating that I think he is just trying to rip people off. Let's see if he replies or takes that item off from eBay. :mad:

·
Registered
940 Posts
If you look, he has MANY acutions hawking this POS...for ALL kinds of vehicles.

If there ever was an auction that sends up a "red flag"...this is it.

Anybody buys one of these is going to get ripped off.

JFF:D

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wasn't goign to buy one of thsoe, I was just laughing. People will seel all kinds of crap on ebay eh?

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
CJ7VFR said:
....... made by some toothless dude in his garage?
Jim
You're probably right, I think I can see the reflection of an outhouse in the paint!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Basically this is a resister which you can buy from Radio Shack inside a box. In theory it will let ECM think that is the cold start all the time. You know when you cold start the engine, the ECM will rich the gas/air mixture.

It is a complete waste of money.

Dave

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
These modules are pretty sh*tty

HEMEEE said:
You're probably right, I think I can see the reflection of an outhouse in the paint!
It's probably where he gets the raw materiials to make em :p

Zilla

1 - 13 of 13 Posts