Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased some 300c head lights off ebay: :pat:

eBay Motors: 05 06 07 CHRYSLER 300C OEM RH-HEADLIGHT #129 (item 370042714633 end time Apr-19-08 12:10:56 PDT)

and in the description is said: 1 CHR300 05-07 300C, hlgn projection, RH

I was under the impression they were halogen projection head lights but when they arrived they had a very heavy duty looking bulb that looked like something that needs to be with a balast.

I have a 300 touring that I am trying to do a 300c conversion on.

My question is this: Did I buy the 300c housing with a xenon stock HID package or did I buy the projector headlights with the halogen bulb? from what I understand the stock xenon HID bulb headlight will not fit a touring but the 300c halogen projector bulb will fit. So if this is the xenon hid housing, will it still fit even though the balast is gone and can I just put an AAC HID kit in it and make it work.

I'll have more pics tomorrow night of the bulb. The pics of the housing are on ebay.

the part number is 04805758AE

PLEASE TELL ME THIS HEADLIGHT WILL WORK IN MY CAR WITH AN AAC HID KIT!!! but dont lie to me.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also, the bulb is attached to this little back and on the back it says:

osram xenarc electronic
and it says h9 in the bottom right

on th cable leading from the bulb it says:

tyco electronics
pn 0-0953726

·
Registered
463 Posts
I think he means you might have been bamboozled, I would have thought the same thing though but I guess you have to be al ot more careful :-/

·
Registered
2,364 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
girlfriend has the camera. so i'll post tonight.

i think i need a halogen housing. my concern is that if this was a xenon housing then it wont fit the touring (or that is what I've read). if this is a xenon housing (it does not have a balast but it has a spot for it) can I just use an aftermarket HID kit and make it work.

I'll get some pics up here soon.

here is the other i bought:

eBay Motors: 06-07 Chrysler 300 Drivers LH Headlight Halogen (item 320238448226 end time Apr-16-08 15:24:58 PDT)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Did you realize that the last one you just bought is only for the LEFT side ONLY.......NOT SOLD AS A PAIR?

·
Registered
979 Posts
yes the ballast on the projector ones will not work and wont fit on the touring you need the non hids ones. But i am not sure if you can take the ballast off you will be golden on the touring. Then just sell the ballast and bulb for $$$ and get an aftermarket hid kit. but if you have two mismatched lights than you may just want to sell one and get a matching one.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
after looking at both side by side i found that they are the same size without the balast. the problem is with the the bulb housing. you can see from the pics.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i cant use either of them? i think the LH one is a halogen projector or are they both OEM HID projectors?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Yes you can use the halogen one. If the auction for the HID one said halogen then ask him to send you the right unit and take this one back.

Isnt there a way you can just switch the bulb in the Xenon one?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes you can use the halogen one. If the auction for the HID one said halogen then ask him to send you the right unit and take this one back.

Isnt there a way you can just switch the bulb in the Xenon one?

is this true? that would really be good. the ebay seller is not really fast at replying. go figure

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
is this true? that would really be good. the ebay seller is not really fast at replying. go figure
I looked at the auction listing and your right it said Halogen Projector. You should be able to get him to do an exchange. As well the listing doesnt say anything about you having to pay for the return shipping or any new shipping charges therefore you shouldnt have to pay any. Just have them send you the right item with a return shipping/prepaid shipping slip. And have them give you a contact number that you can call them at (much easier).

I think they messed up because it says "4 available" in your listing.

I bought a rearview mirror off of a ebay vendor and they sent a different one. Called them up and they sent me the right one with a prepaid shipping slip. So they should do it or take it up with ebay/pay pal.

Goodluck

EDIT: Check the packing slip/shipping label that they sent with your light for a phone number, sometimes they put one there.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
even though the pics are for an OEM HID housing?

its worth a try I guess. unless I can trade a member on here.

It seems like it is almost imposible to find an OEM halogen projector headlight anywhere

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
even though the pics are for an OEM HID housing?

its worth a try I guess. unless I can trade a member on here.

It seems like it is almost imposible to find an OEM halogen projector headlight anywhere
Well you could say: How am i supposed to know what the Halogen projector looks like vs the HID one. I went according to the item description.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
the back of the housing looks totoally different...
Yes agreed, but if he "hasnt seen one before" then how is he to know the difference, because the front is the same. If i hadnt worked at the parts distribution warehouse across the street from the Brampton Chrysler plant and actually order picked these parts I wouldnt know what they look like on the bottom because I havnt taken mine out. Get where im going with this now?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts