Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted to see how many hrs are on the engine. So I pushed the little trip stick and held it and than turned the car to "ON" position. I held it and the high beam light turned on. than all the lights flashed on the cluster. than these thick bars scrolled dowm on my digital display and than it beeped and on the display it said "DONE"

what was DONE???? anyone try this or know what it is??

·
Registered
683 Posts
you got me. Did you turn on your headlights and see if anything is different? I'd check the high beams, fogs, parking lights, and tail lights and see if something is out of place.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Those bars and then the "done" is what happens when you do the key dance to see what error codes you have stored. If there are codes they'll appear as P0111 or it will show ------- and then done if there are none.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
looks like theres a new little trick with the "C"'s evic,I wonder what its done.Is there any difference in your car since its been"done".I dont think its the self diagnosis trick,it sounds like a new trick to me.
You could always post this on the LX forum and ask fnkychkn,he seems to know everything

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
yeah of course he did,thats what a trip button is,isnt it?
It might do something different to the reset button on the wheel whilst he cycled the key,you just dont know with these cars what you're doing when you press the buttons.lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea its the odo stick on the cluster. I pushed it in and held it than put the key in and turned it to "ON". held it for a while and it started to turn the blue high beam light on and than do its little dance with the thick bars on the display.

someone has to know what this does

·
Registered
633 Posts
I think that starts the self destruct sequence, it counts down from 7 days to "poof" :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
What you did was the self test in order to check all the cluster lights and digital display. We do that in order to verify any problems with bulbs or burnt out segments of the digital display. The "done" means the test is complete.

Mike

·
Registered
734 Posts
Not to let my noobish face chime in here and threadjack, but what is the "secret" menu that you can go into on the EVIC that gives you a more accurate RPM reading, and other "cool and fun" toys to play with...?

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts