Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

7321 - 7340 of 8030 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
My front ones are bad. My upper control arms need to be done really bad. One knocks because the ball joint is buggered.
Looks like a very tedious diy though

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
https://vimeo.com/180019471

Anyone know what could be causing this noise when my car is rocked? It's loud when I change from park to reverse and drive also. Something up the rear of the car. It's doing my head in. I've been under the car 2 times now and can't work out where it's coming from.
I have the exact same issue. I easily diagnosed it to the springs. After replacing them and they were quiet again, that's when I heard the other noise that was previously missed, damn headboard.

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
I'm screwed, again!

Last couple of days the ever troublesome TPMS was indicating the right front tire is low. Same tire that is always indicating low. Even thought the right front is usually showing low, it has been dropping about 2 psi a day the last few. Grabbed the pressure gauge and checked the left rear, but it was fine. Then I realized my mistake and headed to the right rear and sure enough, it was/is low. Rolled her a little forward and there I see a screw head. In less than a year I've got more tire punctures than the entire 17 years with the vette.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have the exact same issue. I easily diagnosed it to the springs. After replacing them and they were quiet again, that's when I heard the other noise that was previously missed, damn headboard.

Ahh, squeaky steel against the rubber seat.
Might just squirt up there with lanolin spray or something.

I've got to raise my car anyway, got pulled up on the way to work and got stung for dark tint and too low.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Resonator delete, put a simple turn down, and sanded on my diy grip grill mod I been working on for too long. 07 silver touring with 109,000. I keep wishing I could pour some magic fuel additive in her and some how grow two more cylinders, but I'm getting closer to upgrading to the C. Or SRT if I can find one semi close to me with low miles and taken care of. But until then I'll keep doing simple, inexpensive mods to the 3.5.

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
So today I found out you shouldn't take the bottom bolt out of your front shock strut before taking out your sway bar link. My hand got wedged between my coilover and wishbone link shit. Had to call my partner who was inside to get the neighbours and help get my hand out. Was stuck for a good 10 minutes. Can't feel it now. Probably go to hospital after.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
So today I found out you shouldn't take the bottom bolt out of your front shock strut before taking out your sway bar link. My hand got wedged between my coilover and wishbone link shit. Had to call my partner who was inside to get the neighbours and help get my hand out. Was stuck for a good 10 minutes. Can't feel it now. Probably go to hospital after.
Damn that sucks. I hope your hand is going to be okay.

·
Registered
272 Posts
It was like something from a movie. I was stressed, thinking about my quality of life with only one hand haha. It's not too bad now. Little numb and tingly.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
I know what you mean, I have had a few scary situations over the years and thankfully survived all.

I had a friend who was working under his car and the jack stand slipped out and the car fell on him. No telling how long he was trapped under the car before he died. I hope it was instantanious and he did not suffer but I don't know for sure. He was working on his car alone and was not found for about 24 hours. Very sad.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hope you'll be alright... ::frown::

Also had a lot of squeeking and some klunking when going over potholes...
So after checking things out: had a bad outer tie-rod so I changed both left and right to start anew,
that got rid of the clunk... The squeeking was from worn stabiliser bar bushings, changed both and also the links...

Man, what a difference ! Like if my car was new... :love:
Installed all Moog parts with grease fittings, should last much longer...

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was wondering if the stock stuff had grease fittings or not. I guess they don't?
No, unfortunatly... And IMO it's the weak point of the suspension/steering system on those cars...
First car I own on wich I had to replace front end parts before 50k miles. Should last longer...

·
Registered
875 Posts
If you were hooning around doing burn outs drawing attention to yourself then yes doing their job, but if your driving along minding your own business , then I'm sure they have better things to do than pick on you cause your car is to low... Sorry mate...

Ps hope your hand is on the mend.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Haha I don't hoon ever. Was literally heading to work on a main road. They passed me the opposite way over double lines and overtook two cars with their lights on to pull me over.
It's not too bad, loving the codeine at the moment haha. Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well I went for a drive, I turned my car off, ran some errands.. get back and start the car-- and my stereo is completely dead.
The day before, my volume control on the steering wheel stopped working.
This happened very often with the previous after-market stereo that the owners before me installed. We bought a brand new system and its doing this again...damnit
We just take out and put back in the fuse but why does it continue to happen.....?

7321 - 7340 of 8030 Posts