Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

8021 - 8040 of 8050 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I finally got around to installing a toggle switch to disable the ESP on my 2011 300 C. I had to remove the console completely to get to the module. I looked at several locations to install the switch in the console but on these models, there is just no good option. I finally installed it in the glove box on the left side near to top. After getting everything installed and before putting it all back together I thought I would verify operation. To my surprise, I got an error of Service Keyless System and Unable to Detect Key. I could not start the car in the usual fashion but I could start in using the key fob and pushing the keyless start button. I figured I messed something up and went ahead and tested the NO ESP function and the Mr Squiggles lit up when I flipped the switch to OFF. So, I went ahead and reassemble everything back to normal. To my pleasant surprise, once I got it all back together the Keyless System error was gone and my car started normal again. Whew! I was already planning a trip to the dealer. I guess something I had unplugged during this project was causing the error. Anyway, went for a test run and it works awesome! I thought about going ahead and getting the NoESP module from Zautomotive but this is better as I can just leave the switch off and turn it back on only when the weather is bad or I want to use the Cruise Control as it kills that also. I did not do a How To video, but I did remember to take some pictures while I had it all apart.
What wire did you cut and tie into ?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Haven't stopped by in a while - figured i'd drop some recent photos..
She just rolled over 155K +ish miles. Snow pic being most recent of course, few weeks back.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just fitted 6 glow plugs on my CRD and a new glow plug module.
Were you having performance issues? My mechanic replaced my glow plugs only and never replaced the control module. Was having slow morning cranks. The replacement of the Control module made a HUGE difference

·
Registered
572 Posts
Looks nice! What are the materials?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
479 Posts
Looks nice! What are the materials?

Its been reshaped on the sides, and the bottom flattened. Reflective blue carbon fiber on the top, bottom and trim pieces. Perforated leather on the sites with blue stitching. Work was done by @carbonfiberelement on IG.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I seen this on other forums. You can post pics or a simple reply on things you did to your chrysler 300 today. Lets get the ball rolling and start one on here. lets keep posting in here and etc when you do things to your 300, anything.
:drillserg
I did some of the paint correction on it and forgot what a painfully slow job it is.

8021 - 8040 of 8050 Posts