Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Looks correct to me, as mine looks exactly the same. It's expandable and is actually just designed to temporarily hold stuff which might roll around inside your cargo area if not otherwise properly secured. :wink:

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Cargo Net

Exactly how to install it isn't made too clear anywhere. And those plastic hooks aren't exactly user freindly. And the anchor points aren't too conveniently oriented. Your installation looks good to me. Now, when you have to put something small in the trunk, put it INSIDE the net to keep it from flying around in the trunk. I keep a mini-California Duster in my net. If the something is a bit too large to fit into the net, put it to the REAR of the net. The net will keep it from flying to the front of the trunk when stopping.

·
Registered
236 Posts
CohibaEsplinado,

The cargo net is installed correctly. Even though I have a base CV model, I decided to purchase one a few weeks ago. I store a small blanket and the original rear floor mats in the net as well. I have a set of the premium floor mats as my main mats, and keep the original production mats as a spare. I lay the original front mats down in the trunk.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely yours,

Brian T. Carotenuto

·
Registered
290 Posts
Installed Correctly

Yes your cargo net is installed correctly. Like Mr DJ, small things can be stored in it, once I put something heavy and it stretched it out but later net returned to original shape. I guess that was a hint to keep it small and light!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Hey,
I got the Mopar Turnk liner from the dealer, and it doesnt allow the use the the cargo net anymore, but the liner is great, because it has a pocket on each side.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Okay, so I would love to have one of these for my tripod that's constantly rolling around in the back, but I don't. Did everyone who has one buy one, or did they come w/ certain cars? I'm wondering if I got stiffed.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
300TouringNproud said:
Okay, so I would love to have one of these for my tripod that's constantly rolling around in the back, but I don't. Did everyone who has one buy one, or did they come w/ certain cars? I'm wondering if I got stiffed.
At least for the '05's it was standard with Limited's and C's.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
300TouringNproud said:
So, since I have a Touring, it probably didn't come w/?
Right. I happen to have a sales brochure from '05 right with me in my office and it had 'S' (standard) under just the Limited and C columns. The others were blank...not even an option as part of a package.

·
Registered
122 Posts
jjs said:
Right. I happen to have a sales brochure from '05 right with me in my office and it had 'S' (standard) under just the Limited and C columns. The others were blank...not even an option as part of a package.
Well isn't that handy... the brochure that is. Thanks for the info. Guess it's time to try and order one.

ANYONE WANNA HOOK ME UP W/ A NET? :sly:

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
300TouringNproud said:
Well isn't that handy... the brochure that is. Thanks for the info. Guess it's time to try and order one.

ANYONE WANNA HOOK ME UP W/ A NET? :sly:
You can try Jeff...page down the main forum page to the Wyckoff vendor section. I and many others have ordered things from him and been treated well.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
vvv90 said:
Man, those DC bean counters really strip away the little things don't they. Not even a Cargo net? :confused:
yep...considering what a deal these cars are from the get go, I would have liked a few more niceties and been willing to drop a couple hundred more for the base prices...

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
I'm going to start bragging now.

"Yeah, mine's an SRT8...............That means it comes STANDARD with a cargo net you know."

:sly: :cool2:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I use mine to keep the golf bag from rolling around in the trunk. It's a perfect fit since my bad is pretty large and my shoes tuck in right next to.

:smoker:

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
Angi300C said:
once I put something heavy and it stretched it out...
The Sko said:
I use mine to keep the golf bag from rolling around in the trunk.
Jeebus Angie!!! If Sko can put a Golf bag in his without problems, what the heck did you put in yours?! :eek:

...A Couple 'a Wiseguys? :cool2:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Don't beat me up, but for me I can't use the cargo net because the Kicker Sub covers up the hook used to anchor the net on the bottom left hand side of the trunk. I guess I could always unbolt the sub and hook it on and then bolt the sub back on.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts