Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read this article:

In it it says "Brampton Assembly produces the Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger and Dodge Challenger. The company has committed to three new derivatives of those vehicles, one for each year of the agreement's tenure."

What do you think "committed to three new derivatives of those vehicles, one for each year" means?

·
Registered
985 Posts
Hi commander,

I've been trying to figure that out myself. Could it simply mean a new color for each of the three years? Or something far more significant? As it turns out the changes for the 2021 Chrysler 300 are quite minimal. Nothing to get excited about - unfortunately. The definition of 'derivative' isn't [as it turns out] easy to figure out. At least insofar as how it might apply in this case. As an 'adjective' it could mean, 'lacking originality'. So let's hope it's not that. But as a 'noun' it could mean, 'something derived from', which doesn't actually sound all that exciting either. [Unless you're willing to let your imagine go to all sorts of different places] As it turns out it was an odd word to use. It basically means nothing. To be honest - I was hoping to hear something far more interesting like, "Hold onto your hats. What we do with the Chrysler 300 will blow your socks off!"

Craig

·
Registered
2 Posts
As long as it's not a ^(*&^ 300c EV, then it's fine by me.
We will mod. them to our heart's content as long as the base vehicle is suitable, and by suitable I mean 'main power derives from an internal combustion engine' 😎

(btw I'm still pissed the 6.1 ain't around, so it REALLY better not be an EV hehe )

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Oh I don't know - I quite fancy the idea of a Hemi engined Hybrid - that could be fun

1 - 6 of 6 Posts