Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From: http://www.blueovalnews.com/2005/products/chr.300csrt.04jan05.htm

Ford enthusiasts love to hate the 300C - primarily because we're jealous with rage that Ford doesn't build it. Privately we hate the 300C because it represents everything that we've been asking Ford to make: a rear wheel drive sedan with a powerful V8 engine that ignites passions - not merely power Taxicabs and cop cars. The 300C SRT makes it that much more difficult for us to accept that the Crown Vic and the Five-Hundred are as good as it gets, and that's not good enough. There is always the hope that Ford will build the 427 concept - hey, we all can dream.
And they go on to talk a bit more about the car, mention the recent press release, etc.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Yeah, but many Mopar boards are bitchin' about no 2-door musclecar DC is making to compete w/the awesome new 2005 Mustang GT!

I'd much rather have a 425horse 2-door CHarger or Cuda-type car than a four-door.

·
Registered
378 Posts
teahead said:
Yeah, but many Mopar boards are bitchin' about no 2-door musclecar DC is making to compete w/the awesome new 2005 Mustang GT!

I'd much rather have a 425horse 2-door CHarger or Cuda-type car than a four-door.
Gang,

Since none of the rear drive sedans or coupe type musclecars have been made by DC for several years they have to start somewhere. Give the old folks the 4doors (you know, the people that had the musclecars the 1st time around) and save the coupes for the young folks in the future.

·
Registered
887 Posts
blueovalnews.com is not a part of Ford (as I understand anyway), but more of an informative "watchdog" ?

I have 2 Blue Ovals in the drive - and never thought I'd be driving a Chrysler to be honest. Ford should be scared! This car is amazing! I wonder how many Ford 500 owners get called out at the local (insert store here) - "Hey, Who's Chrysler 300 is that outside!?!? How do you like it?!?!" My response..I LOVE it.

In fact I was dropping off my engine block for my 94 Mustang today to my engine builder for a complete re-do (don't ask...even a stock block with 8lbs of boost, it just wasn't fast enough) - they were all asking about it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
guys, dunno if you've seen these yet...the chrysler firepower. its still a concept, but if produced, would take dead aim at the 'vette and GTO and cobra (and eat mustangs for breakfast)...based on the viper chassis, powered by a 425hp 6.1L hemi...
Front
Side
Back

·
Registered
506 Posts
Car and driver has a front page shot of the Chrysler Firepower! and the ! is in there by Chrysler as part of the name... They have a little 3 or 4 page write up on it and it looks pretty mean! LX SRT-8 drivetrain with a lightweight viper chasis..... Good combo... Now lets see if they have the guts to build a SuperCharged 6.1 Firepower!
If they did, I'm sure it would be showing a viper it's tail lights.... In fact, a 6.1 with the viper 6 speed might even be able to keep up with a V-10 viper because of the fact they could free the torque from the 6.1!!! Comon, a 6.1 high revving HEMI makes only 30 ft/lbs more than the MDS 5.7? There's more there, they're just scared of what it might do to the tranny....

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
They won't build the Firepower. A car more awesome looking than the new Viper coupe that's cheaper? Just like the ME4-12, it's all just a big tease. Hell, it costs hardly anything to draw pictures!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
The February issue of Motor Trend has a 300 C SRT-8 against a CTS-V and a GTO, nice read. It also has a few comments about the people they consider in the top 50 most power list of the automotive world...Mr William Clay Ford comes in at number 15(2 spots behind the 300C designer, I might add) and Motor Trend a has a few comments for him.

They say William Clay Ford is qouted as saying, "America has fallen out of love with the car."

Motor Trends responds and I will add that I TOTALLY agree with this comment, "Maybe they've just fallen out of love with boring cars. Apart from the new Mustang, and a handful of Mazdas and Volvos, Ford's car range looks decidedly UNEXCITING, particularly in North America."

I added the caps on Unexciting, but that sums up a Ford dealership's lot if you ask me(I will give Ford credit for the GT, but so few can own it, it can't really help).

Todd

·
Registered
506 Posts
The Firepower! they were showing was a completed build unit for show sake, it was driveable and running, but no production chances were listed... But they weren't drawings , and it was nice to see a car that actually could be built, rather than trying the waters for a half a million dollar Chrysler...... Baby steps...... Espically when not too many years ago there was talks of the same company going under......

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
WhiteDiamond said:
The February issue of Motor Trend has a 300 C SRT-8 against a CTS-V and a GTO, nice read. It also has a few comments about the people they consider in the top 50 most power list of the automotive world...Mr William Clay Ford comes in at number 15(2 spots behind the 300C designer, I might add) and Motor Trend a has a few comments for him.

They say William Clay Ford is qouted as saying, "America has fallen out of love with the car."

Motor Trends responds and I will add that I TOTALLY agree with this comment, "Maybe they've just fallen out of love with boring cars. Apart from the new Mustang, and a handful of Mazdas and Volvos, Ford's car range looks decidedly UNEXCITING, particularly in North America."

I added the caps on Unexciting, but that sums up a Ford dealership's lot if you ask me(I will give Ford credit for the GT, but so few can own it, it can't really help).

Todd
I just read the article. IMO, your comments are bang on, WhiteDiamond. I've had plenty of Fords and GM products over the years. The only Ford product I would even consider now would be the new Mustang ( I had a '65 'stang convertible and and 84 GT). Ford had the 4 door full size RWD market. Their lack of commitment and imagination allowed DC to steal it away with 3 month of sales.

GM don't fair much better. They have a great product with the vette (used to race them). The GTO is good value, albeit an Aussie developed product. The new STS is good competition for the 300C - until you look at the price tag!!!

No, Americans and Canadians still love cars. Right now, only DC has the balls to style, engineer, and price what we really want.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I happened to see a Ford 500 today, I'll stick with my 300 instead :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts