Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 16 and a 19. Just noticed in both that if in drive (D), the shift knob will depress. Nothing happens. I t cannot be depresses in Off, Park, Neutral...just in Drive (D). But it doesn't do anything that I can perceive. Nothing in the manual on this. Is this just a quirk, or is my passenger ejection seat not working?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I think when you depress it, it will cycle out of over-drive and manually shift into gears 1-4.

Look at the gear indicator in the center display above the wheel and you might be able to see the gear numbers change.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might be right, but my 16 and 19 do not have that feature. The gear indicator in the centre display only shows. P or R or N or D or L. No D1, D2, D3 etc. My 13 had that feature above the steering wheel, the D with the gear number after it, but not these two cars. I do miss that. Thanks.

·
Registered
2016 Chrysler 300 C
9 Posts
I have a 2016 300C. I've been playing with this since I first read this post. It would be great if you could force a up shift or down shift on the 8 speed automatic trans. by depressing the knob. That does not work by the way.
All I can figure out is that you need to depress the knob if you wish to down shift into lower gears while the car is moving. By pressing down on the knob, you unlock the knob. This keeps you from down shifting by accident. ( my best guess )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts