Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry about these posts but i just pulled off the bulb of my 300c 2007 one with projection headlight low beam a 9005 bulb. shouldnt the low beams on projection headlight be 9006? some one PLEASE chime in?

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Yes, your low beam lights should be 9006. If you pulled a 9005 bulb either someone was there before you "modding" the car's lighting system or you may have accidentally pulled a high beam bulb out.
Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
228 Posts
300С uses D1S bulbs with built-in ignitor for projector low beams. 9005 are used for high beams. 300 models without projectors use 9006 bulbs for low beams.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
There are 2 different bulbs to be used with the projector those with HID use the D1S bulb you mentioned and those without use the 9006 bulb as mentioned above by LSCto300C
300С uses D1S bulbs with built-in ignitor for projector low beams. 9005 are used for high beams. 300 models without projectors use 9006 bulbs for low beams.

·
Registered
228 Posts
There are 2 different bulbs to be used with the projector those with HID use the D1S bulb you mentioned and those without use the 9006 bulb as mentioned above by LSCto300C
You are right! That's what I said in my previous post. :)

Or do you mean that there 300Cs with projector headlights but without HIDs (stock halogen) and these ones use 9006 bulbs?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I was saying that both you and LSCto300C are correct in that 300c with projector came with either the D1S HID light or the 9006 halogen bulb for the projectors.
You are right! That's what I said in my previous post. :)

Or do you mean that there 300Cs with projector headlights but without HIDs (stock halogen) and these ones use 9006 bulbs?

·
Registered
228 Posts
I was saying that both you and LSCto300C are correct in that 300c with projector came with either the D1S HID light or the 9006 halogen bulb for the projectors.
Didn't know your 300Cs may also go out without HIDs. I thought only 300s and Touring models with square headlights could have halogens. Cause here in Europe all 300Cs have only HIDs.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I figured thats why there may have been a little confusion. I didnt even know that there was 2 different lights used in the 300c when i first bought my car, glad mine came with the HID's.
Chrysler is wierd they have different options everywhere. Here in Canada (where the car is made) they dont offer the 2.7L engine but they do in the US. And i think the Diesel engine they offer in Europe isnt offered in North america but is offered in the Jeep line.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts