Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my second oil change.
While my C was on the lift, the service. rep told me that my essential care contract only calls for $15 oil changes and that because I have a "HEMI" the actual price should be $35.

A lil bait and switch in I was led to believe the contract covered oil changes for my 300C.

I obtained my contract as several from the fourm did from John at Suburban Chrysler in MN.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

Thanks for the input

·
Registered
19 Posts
The problem with most sales people is they just don't understand what they're selling, but will sell everything under the moon to anyone to get paid. :( I know that sounds pretty sad, but it's the honest truth. They also never coordinate things with the service department, either.

The service contract that you bought is pretty much a basic contract that would apply to a vehicle that only needs $15.00 oil changes or someone that wants to save a little money on the overall cost. I would call your salesperson or sales manager and explain the situation that you felt taken. Anytime you take the car in for service, you will be due the difference in cost.

Good luck!

·
Registered
265 Posts
You guys have been getting them from Suburban?? Small world, that dealership is about 10 minutes from me and is where we got my girlfriends PT GT.. I would have gotten a 300C from them, but there were 2 left in MN that were cool vanilla and had every option. =\

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
XCITsNU said:
My question is what else is covered besides oil changes? What else can you get done?
The essential care plan covers
Oil change, filter and lube.

In my discussions today I "found out" that they have other packages.
You could pay more for synthetic oil and I believe there are other plans as well. I'll be calling Suburban to find out more.

·
Registered
19 Posts
XCITsNU said:
My question is what else is covered besides oil changes? What else can you get done?

I've seen Chrysler Service Contracts that included just about everything your car needs, but you obviously need to pay a lot extra in order to have it covered. :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts