Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What grill do you guys and gals think goes best with the SRT-8? If it were the C, the choice would be easy for me. The 8 doesn't look as elegant as the C. To me, it says: lets race. I keep trying to come up with a grill that will go with the wheels. Maybe I looking at it wrong. What do you think?
Cecil....... :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
qictrk said:
What grill do you guys and gals think goes best with the SRT-8? If it were the C, the choice would be easy for me. The 8 doesn't look as elegant as the C. To me, it says: lets race. I keep trying to come up with a grill that will go with the wheels. Maybe I looking at it wrong. What do you think?
Cecil....... :confused:

Im going to body match the paint on my grill and see how that looks.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
3,667 Posts
I really like the stock grille...

A lot depends on the car color for me... if Black, I MIGHT like to see the stock grille done in black chrome. If Silver, I'd keep it stock or maybe consider a deep dish similar to aspendog's.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
14,585 Posts
HEMEEE said:
A lot depends on the car color for me... if Black, I'd like to see the stock grille done in black chrome. If Silver, I'd either keep it stock or maybe consider a deep dish similar to aspendog's.
I'm happy as hell with the stock grill. I personally wouldn't change anything about the car, except tint of course. Hi Linda! :)

Rambit
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
3,667 Posts
Rambit said:
I'm happy as hell with the stock grill. I personally wouldn't change anything about the car, except tint of course. Hi Linda! :)

Rambit
Hi Rambit! I clarified above... 'MIGHT'. My favorite is still the stocker too. If it were mine? No change
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
to each his/her own

I absolutely respect everybody's taste and preferences, and I have seen some AWESOME looking C pics posted here...but

1. When I see an unmodified C...it turns my head with NO changes (actually, let me rephrase that..when I see any 300)

2. Many of the mods people do point towards the SRT8, spoiler, bigger wheels, tires, bigger exhaust pipes, extende facias, lowered height, body color paint..

so, with the POSSIBLE exception of tinted windows (DAMN YOU RAMBIT), I plan on no mods at all

3. The stock grille on the C, and the SRT8, to me, is what makes the car, and I have yet to see one I liked better.

my 1 1/2 cents worth...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
823 Posts
E&G Ultimate Grille.

M&R springs

20% tint

22x9.5s on 285/30s
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,311 Posts
If it were mines, i would stay with the stock grill or the C grill (which has little chrome on it). I wouldn't through any E&G mesh, T rex etc.. etc.. The stock grill matches the theme of the SRT8!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
562 Posts
I would keep everything stock on the SRT including the grill. If your going with a black SRT then color match the grill. Imo any chrome on the SRT will look out of place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
how would you paint?

How would you paint it with black chrome,or paint it black with chrome already on it? I'm not a paint guy,but how would you go about this,do you just paint over the existing stock srt-8 grill ? Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
stang said:
How would you paint it with black chrome,or paint it black with chrome already on it? I'm not a paint guy,but how would you go about this,do you just paint over the existing stock srt-8 grill ? Thanks
i would think that you would have to sand it to give it a rough coat so the new paint can be applied..but then iam not a painter either..i thought it said on the srt, that it came witha color matched grill?what happend to that anyway?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Easy; To paint remove grill, (believe brampton web site has removal info) apply Spies Hecker or comparable adhesive promoter ( very important), clean gun and apply base coat, clean gun apply clear coat. These paints have windows don't wait between coats longer than the suggested times or the paint will peel later. If your good you will have a base gun and a clear gun, I prefer Sata (notice all of this is German Hmmmm.). Paint code is listed on the car, probably on the drivers side door. A lot of plastics do not sand well, if you must, use grey scotch brite pad followed by wax grease remover before applying adhesive promotor, base, clear ect... If none of this makes sense bring to body shop. Hope this helps,

amant
2006 300SRT8 waiting, waiting, waiting
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
teahead said:
E&G Ultimate Grille.

M&R springs

20% tint

22x9.5s on 285/30s
Let us know how those 22” rims work out on an SRT. I’m thinks there’s not enough room. I’m about as close as you can get with 22’s on my C.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
indyCoder said:
Let us know how those 22” rims work out on an SRT. I’m thinks there’s not enough room. I’m about as close as you can get with 22’s on my C.
And I would not go below those 35's either. I have 35's on my Navigator and they are a little rough on bad roads. 30's are pushing it.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top