Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

What grill for SRT-8

3K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  TheSRTSaint 
#1 ·
What grill do you guys and gals think goes best with the SRT-8? If it were the C, the choice would be easy for me. The 8 doesn't look as elegant as the C. To me, it says: lets race. I keep trying to come up with a grill that will go with the wheels. Maybe I looking at it wrong. What do you think?
Cecil....... :confused:

#2 ·
qictrk said:
What grill do you guys and gals think goes best with the SRT-8? If it were the C, the choice would be easy for me. The 8 doesn't look as elegant as the C. To me, it says: lets race. I keep trying to come up with a grill that will go with the wheels. Maybe I looking at it wrong. What do you think?
Cecil....... :confused:

Im going to body match the paint on my grill and see how that looks.

#4 ·
HEMEEE said:
A lot depends on the car color for me... if Black, I'd like to see the stock grille done in black chrome. If Silver, I'd either keep it stock or maybe consider a deep dish similar to aspendog's.
I'm happy as hell with the stock grill. I personally wouldn't change anything about the car, except tint of course. Hi Linda! :)

Rambit

#6 ·
to each his/her own

I absolutely respect everybody's taste and preferences, and I have seen some AWESOME looking C pics posted here...but

1. When I see an unmodified C...it turns my head with NO changes (actually, let me rephrase that..when I see any 300)

2. Many of the mods people do point towards the SRT8, spoiler, bigger wheels, tires, bigger exhaust pipes, extende facias, lowered height, body color paint..

so, with the POSSIBLE exception of tinted windows (DAMN YOU RAMBIT), I plan on no mods at all

3. The stock grille on the C, and the SRT8, to me, is what makes the car, and I have yet to see one I liked better.

my 1 1/2 cents worth...

#7 ·
E&G Ultimate Grille.

M&R springs

20% tint

22x9.5s on 285/30s

#12 ·
stang said:
How would you paint it with black chrome,or paint it black with chrome already on it? I'm not a paint guy,but how would you go about this,do you just paint over the existing stock srt-8 grill ? Thanks
i would think that you would have to sand it to give it a rough coat so the new paint can be applied..but then iam not a painter either..i thought it said on the srt, that it came witha color matched grill?what happend to that anyway?

#14 ·
Easy; To paint remove grill, (believe brampton web site has removal info) apply Spies Hecker or comparable adhesive promoter ( very important), clean gun and apply base coat, clean gun apply clear coat. These paints have windows don't wait between coats longer than the suggested times or the paint will peel later. If your good you will have a base gun and a clear gun, I prefer Sata (notice all of this is German Hmmmm.). Paint code is listed on the car, probably on the drivers side door. A lot of plastics do not sand well, if you must, use grey scotch brite pad followed by wax grease remover before applying adhesive promotor, base, clear ect... If none of this makes sense bring to body shop. Hope this helps,

amant
2006 300SRT8 waiting, waiting, waiting

#15 ·
teahead said:
E&G Ultimate Grille.

M&R springs

20% tint

22x9.5s on 285/30s
Let us know how those 22” rims work out on an SRT. I’m thinks there’s not enough room. I’m about as close as you can get with 22’s on my C.

#16 ·
indyCoder said:
Let us know how those 22” rims work out on an SRT. I’m thinks there’s not enough room. I’m about as close as you can get with 22’s on my C.
And I would not go below those 35's either. I have 35's on my Navigator and they are a little rough on bad roads. 30's are pushing it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.