Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
usually we arent the first people to tell what car beat us, but today i raced my first ferria. it started on the top of a 95 overpass and lasted for a bout 5 seconds. we were going about 60 and i heard him get ready to hit it so i dropped into 3rd and yeah that was about it...He had at least a car length on me by 80 and i quit at 90 becasue it was rediculous how far he had gone. just thought i would share my experience...

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
stunna55:

Whats a Ferria????????
Give Stunna a break -- everyone knows it's the new "ferret car" produced in Bulgaria :p

So sorry Stunna, - I can feel the knife already :eek:

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Goose: Ferrari

goddardzilla said:
Give Stunna a break -- everyone knows it's the new "ferret car" produced in Bulgaria :p

So sorry Stunna, - I can feel the knife already :eek:
LOL, "ferret" car alright, trying to "ferret" out a kill. Hey at least you gave it a go stunna... I'd have just given him a wink and a wave.

·
Registered
824 Posts
More to come LOL.................!

-A Corvette got me from a 55 roll on! I hung for about 5 seconds. (C5).

-Toyota Tundra got the jump on me on the freeway on ramp. For some reason I couldn't catch up to him. Traffic was a factor, he had lawn mowers in the back and 2 friends in the truck. I was trying to catch up and I would run into thick traffic. He kept putting the hazzards on me. I was ticked!

- Turbo charged Honda Prelude made me think twice, about 2 months ago. We went from a 40 roll on and we ran out of space at about 65. Young guy started taking too many risks to prove a point and made his own third lane! Than he turned down a street that he knew and I knew had a lot of twists and turns, I passed, knowing he would with that game. Ticked me off knowing he went out thinking he was king!

More to come.............LOL

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had a funny encounter the other day when a corvette started creeping up behind me in traffic. I nailed it and then watched as the silver Z06 just blew past me like I was standing still.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yeah, the first time you race a Vette with the C is the last time you consider the thought. I had one shadowing me on my way from Flagstaff to Phoenix, he caught me, pulled alongside, we both gunned it....and all I could do was watch him get smaller in the distance ahead.

But I've got more cupholders dammit!

I had a Subaru somethingaruther, of all things, also make me roll out the dreaded "tie" concession. The car wasn't much to look at, like a Sentra on roids, but it was as quick as it was fugly.

Still, it's a sad day for the automotive world when my bulky one year old four door sedan has smoked everything it's gone up against. Various BMW 7 series, 5 series, every Cadillac it's come in contact with, and a god number of Mercedes cousins. When this family car left a Honda S2000 in the dusty horizon, I began considering that perhaps I just live amongst the world's worst drivers....it can be this fast can it?

Hmmm...maybe!

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Tibbs said:
Yeah, the first time you race a Vette with the C is the last time you consider the thought. I had one shadowing me on my way from Flagstaff to Phoenix, he caught me, pulled alongside, we both gunned it....and all I could do was watch him get smaller in the distance ahead.

But I've got more cupholders dammit!

I had a Subaru somethingaruther, of all things, also make me roll out the dreaded "tie" concession. The car wasn't much to look at, like a Sentra on roids, but it was as quick as it was fugly.

Still, it's a sad day for the automotive world when my bulky one year old four door sedan has smoked everything it's gone up against. Various BMW 7 series, 5 series, every Cadillac it's come in contact with, and a god number of Mercedes cousins. When this family car left a Honda S2000 in the dusty horizon, I began considering that perhaps I just live amongst the world's worst drivers....it can be this fast can it?

Hmmm...maybe!
LOL. Funny post, Tibbs. Chrysler has come a long way from the Intrepid!

4 door family sedan, indeed . . .:D

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
2005 Mercedes E55 that was hunting me on the freeway for over 20 miles. Once we got some open road, I slowed to 50mph and he paced me with a giant grin on his face. I nailed it, he did the same and he was gone. I'm sure it made his day.

That car is fast.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Havn't done too much racing - just a little. Many times though I take advantage of my power at lights etc to get in front of traffic - never been beaten. A guy in a really fast souped up looking Mustang wanted to take me on last month. He really let it go and took off. I let him go but sure felt like I would have lost.

Someone earlier mentioned a truck (I think a Tundra with lawn mowers in the back) beat them because of traffic. Why would you bring that up? No big deal but seems kinda odd.

Bob

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I don't know where you folks are coming from. I pulled up to a set of lights the other day and a new vette pulled up, he gave me that look, I put it into auto-stick, took off ESP and when the light changed I floored it and left him in my dust, man I felt good.

Did I mention that I was going north and he was going south!?!?!? :confused:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
it wasn't a one on one
but I was outside of chicago(I94) and spotted a Bently GT a few car lenghts ahead. I wanted to get a closer look, so I started to push it and the more I pushed the less I saw.

·
Registered
845 Posts
What kicked my a$$ was the damn fatmat that I put in my car. That was a tough project.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
rdmac said:
Someone earlier mentioned a truck (I think a Tundra with lawn mowers in the back) beat them because of traffic. Why would you bring that up? No big deal but seems kinda odd.

Bob
Maybe he needs his lawn mowed.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Mikeyjohn said:
I don't know where you folks are coming from. I pulled up to a set of lights the other day and a new vette pulled up, he gave me that look, I put it into auto-stick, took off ESP and when the light changed I floored it and left him in my dust, man I felt good.

Did I mention that I was going north and he was going south!?!?!? :confused:
LOL... you almost had me going then I remembered who was posting ;) :) funny!

I had some beer and a bottle of Tequila give me a BIG kick once... or twice

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
wesexcellence said:
A GXR1000 made me fell like I was still getting into my car.
Well I'll be Gixxered :p

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hey where can post what ass i kicked.

Asses kicked.
ACURA TL(there are million of these things in detroit area)
BMW 540i.
Ford Probe(with nitrous)(very souped up i felt like he was gonna kill his car to prove a point)
Caddy CTS(not cts-v)
Ford mustang GT and Mach1
(RWD)chrysler 300c(we have tons of those here at daimler chrysler headquarters)

got my ass kicked.
BMW M5,
BMW M3
Ford mustand cobra
Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4(this thing is souped up like hell and he was trying to prove a point.)(this one was on a highway turn nothing major).

never raced a corvette.

·
Registered
627 Posts
When i was 13 a dog has bit my ass. IT HURT.

I am really started getting afraid of dogs after that.

But i think by now i made a full recovery.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts