Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

What have you blown away??

623K views 3K replies 535 participants last post by  magnuman 
#1 ·
Just smoke one of those supercharged Ford Pick-ups the other day. Not even close. It was the Harley Davidson version with the blown 5.3L V8 (340HP).

I'm dying to smoke some yuppy punk in a BMW as I chomp on my Cohiba.

BTW, has anyone measured thier 0 - 60 time? The reviews are all over the place ranging from 5.3 seconds all the way up to 6.1 seconds. I have no idea what the "norm" is among production cars.

Discussion starter · #7 · (Edited)
1. What you guys lawyers? I never said I "blew away" anything. I said I "smoked" the truck. Okay, no actual smoke was involved. I simply beat him, not by an overwhelming amount but confidently so.

2. My definition of smoked: Truck took off first. I jumped on it immediately after I realized the F150 wanted to race, I caught up and easily kept pulling away until I hit about 70 - 80mph. I was about 1/2 to 3/4 car length ahead of him. I could hear the whine of the F150's supercharger screaming as I chuckled to myself. At no time did I feel the F150 was gaining on me. This was a simple drag race with both simply "stood on it"

3. Spec's for 2003 HD F150, 0 - 60 is 6.5 (in Motor Trend or Road&Track), the 300c has been tested in 0 - 60 as fast as 5.3 sec in Motor Trend. The math supports my point, check for yourselves. Even if my car (as a "producton version") is in the 6 second 0 - 60 range, that's still 1/2 second faster than the F150 to 60mph and I can attest that above that speed I was still moving out.

4. I was there and I ain't jiving. I checked out that F150 forum... the stock numbers ain't all that on the F150. 14.85s in the 1/4mile for a stock 2003 (which is what I ran against), I've seen reviews with the 300c in the low 14's maybe even high 13's.

5. I'm not as smart as everyone else, will someone please explain the definition of "blown away."

Disclaimer
This post is for entertainment purposes only. Any interpretation is set hereforth as solely the responsibility of the "reader" and shall have no binding juristiction imposed or implied against the "postee." The postee reserves the legal right to roll his own cigarettes as allowed by California law under Magnusson-Morrison act of 1987. Said "cigarettes" may or may not contain a illegal subsances. This has been a public announcement. In the event of a real emergency, run like hell.

Discussion starter · #13 ·
I do not doubt those blown Fords are very easy to tweak. After all, Ford is using the similar configuration in thier Ford GT supercar. I don't think I would have been so lucky if the truck where a SVT Lightning with an additional 40HP. After driving a 97 Q45 which get's easily beat by a C320, it feel good to actually win a stop light race!

I implied "not even close" because, like I said the truck took off first. Had I properly launched my vehicle I would have beat him by an even greater margin. Based on this situation, yes I feel I the result could be classified as a theoretical "not even close." and maybe even approach "blown away."

Please don't take my enthusiasm too seriously. I'm simply happy to have a fast car that's not beatable by the majority of cars out there.

Quote of the day:
"I shouldn't have thrown away my crack pipe."

Discussion starter · #15 ·
The intent of the question I asked when I asked the proverbial question "what have you blown away" was to learn what other vehicles the esteemed owners of the 300C have drag raced against and beat. I asked this question so that I would have a reference for my own edification.

I did not realize that we'd be splitting hairs over definitions but rather build a compendium of vehicles that I would consider "easy prey."

Now if anyone would like to discuss the interpretation of the term "easy prey" in the vernacular related to drag racing may I suggest starting a new thread under the heading "Drag racing definitions."

Discussion starter · #26 ·
BMW 545i, wow that's a good one. I expected that the 545i would be a bit quicker than the 300c. I'll use this knowledge wisely.

Regarding the "imports." I think overall, it's a good thing. The enthusiasm kids are applying to tweaking thier civics is a good thing. Better to spend time working on a car or being in the car "scene" than doing drugs. That being said, I thoroughly enjoy beating the pants off of one.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Captain, I have never be called a magnificent bastard before but I must say I do like it. Come to think of it, my wife does call me a bastard quite often.

As for the Cohiba's they are of course Cuban and the Tequila, Portfidio.

Quote of the day:
If you not a liberal at the age of 20, you have no heart. If your not a conservative by the age of 40, you have no brain. - Winston Churchill

Discussion starter · #48 ·
I'm dying to race against the Volvo S60R. I almost bought that car... 300HP all wheel drive. Very quick. I see this guy in a in a black one often on my way to work and I can see he has a lead foot. I will throughly enjoy beating his ass. He blew me away when I had my 97 Q45... No freakin contest on that one. With the 300C however, I think it will be a different story.

Discussion starter · #75 ·
Recently, I've chased an M3 and a Porshe 911 Carrerra. On both occasions, they've definately pulled away from me but not in a "bye-bye" sort of way. They pulled away slightly at every gear change for a moment but then settled back a little. On both occassion, these cars were never more than a 3 -4 car lengths away on a mile long romp.

I can imagine these guys thinking, "Are you still there?"

Discussion starter · #80 ·
NY, it's nice to be a big dog but, there's always a bigger dog. Gotta give that AMG the respect it deserves... that car is a monster. The new SL65 is even more outrageous.... has over 700 ft of torque and over 600HP from a blown V12... that's gotta be nice.

Now, pass the bong.

Discussion starter · #127 · (Edited)
I went up against against a G35 sedan 6-speed. I was very surprised, that I simply could NOT take him... was dead even. Granted, we didn't get up past 60MPH cause we ran out of space.

I was really surprised cause I thought the 300C would easily take him but it was dead even. I think given a longer stretch I would have walked away from him, but the shuffle to 60 mph was dead even.

300CULATER, I'm curious, where did you take the G35/350Z? I mean did you take them from a dead stop? If so at what point did you begin to overtake them?

Also, did you have any mods?

Based on this experience, I am convinced that the 5.3 sec 0-60 reported by on of the car mags on the 300C was a tweaked model. My 300C is probably in the high 5's, low 6's on the 0 - 60.

Discussion starter · #305 ·
SRT8/BMW said:
careful what you whish for BMWhat...My best friend put his C up against my 745LI (thats right..the luxury sedan, just like the c), and on three seperate times and locations...lost (close though...carlength or two). Now I know driver, road surface and other things influence it..but 3 of 3 isn't bad.
To your question on times, the 7 advertise 5.9 for the 0-60...but you know that story...they said the 300C was 6.1 and we know better. my 7 has a stopwatch built into the computer/dash, and I have had it down to 5.6. Pro driver could do better.

I am not nocking the C...like it so much I bought an SRT8...due in in late march.

SRT/BMW, what is the basis for your assumption that I have "WHISHED" for anything?

Discussion starter · #512 ·
Interesting how this thread has turned from a "what I've raced and beat (or not)" to a 350Z thread. I have a suggestion, why doesn't someone start a 350z thread, knock yourselves out there, and leave this thread to kill (or be killed stories).

Discussion starter · #1,014 ·
300carm, no offense bro but I don't think your 300C (or any semi-stock 5.7L 300C) could take an 03 Carrera. I have both a 300C with catback, cold air and a few other tidbits AS WELL AS an 03 Porsche Carrerra C4S and I can tell you that the 300C has no hope against an 03 Carrera. Now, the SRT8 and Carrera, that would be close and I don't know the answer on that one.

I can say that the Porsche is one quick machine, especially in the hands of a good driver.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.