Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

2861 - 2880 of 2919 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Well yesterday me and a group of friends went to Mexico, Kansas to do a little drag racing. I was "formally called out" by a Hyundai Veloster so he was who I made sure to race first. I beat him by a good 3 cars. Then an 09 4.6 Mustang "wanted to race the 300" (he raced a 500WHP Evo thought I'd be his rebound) spun all the way to 45 caught started spinning again for a brief second (he's beside me the entire time I'm spinning) i catch again and took off he cut his lights and turned at the finish line nobody has heard from him since. I then gave my buddy in His infiti G35 a rematch because he said I only beat him because I jumped the honk a couple months ago. this time we had somebody telling us when to go and I beat him by 9 car length. I also raced an 06 Charger RT just because we're both stock. first race I pulled on him hard and kept pulling. I knew that wasn't right so I went back to give him a rematch. we ran again and I pulled on him but he stayed at about my rear door the whole way. (second race I added another 200 pounds in a passenger) i thought I was going to get beat by the charger but The Land Yacht Impressed me.

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Vtech just kicked in yo!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Easy Prey

I've owned my 08 SRT8 for a few weeks now and after actively seeking out a little fun competition and responding to ricer fly bys with my own, and declining all inquiries from hondas with weedeater motors, I've finally got my first legit kill.

This morning on the way to work I get on the freeway to make my 5 mile journey. It's generally busy(ish) at this time 6:45am or so but it was unusually wide open today. I get up to my normal cruising speed of 80ish and I start to approach this Navy Blue Scion FRS(i know, i know). It was loud, well I remember thinking it was since I could hear it over my straight pipe grumble cruising in 4th. I get over to pass the FRS as he was about to cause my ACC to kick in and slow me down. The scion gets over behind me and begins to tailgate me hard. I speed up and so does he. After slowly increasing my speed and getting up to about 90-95 he's still tailgating me hard so I decide to get over into the right lane and let him come even with me to see if he wanted to play or if he just wanted to pass me (maybe he was in a hurry?). Well he wanted to play. He gets even with me and looks over. His tint was dark so I couldn't see him but I hear him floor it. I gave him a solid 2 second lead and as his rear wheels are about to pass my front bumper. I hit it too. In about an instant I cleared his car and just a moment after that i was at 120 watching his headlights get smaller and smaller in my rear view mirror. I could tell his pedal was still to the floor so I didn't let off until I seen him give up and by that time I was so far ahead of him I'd be stupid to keep going. I'm too ashamed to say how fast I was actually going before I finally let off.
The FRS flashed his lights at me and got off at the next exit

While the FRS was easy prey and definitely an un-losable battle it felt good to finally have crushed something that wasn't a $800 car.

I'll come back when I've got something more substantial, but this goes down as first blood for my SRT

Sorry for the text wall

·
Registered
58 Posts
this morning I had my best race yet... forgive my lack of identification skills, it's a work in progress

2004 to 2006 Corvette. No idea what trim.
We did two rounds starting at a 80ish MPH roll. First round we were dead even although he did get a very slight jump on me.
Second round we got a legit 3 count and had a very fair start. My front wheels were maybe a foot ahead of his the entire time and all the way up to about 130 I couldn't pull away and he wasn't gaining any ground. we hit some traffic and had to slow it down.

Definitely not blown away

At the end of all the commotion, i realize I had left my traction control on :eeksurprise:
So my question is, if and how much that impacted me.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I would think traction control would only have an impact if it was actually being used. At the speeds you were starting from your traction control shouldn't have been engaging anyway.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I would think traction control would only have an impact if it was actually being used. At the speeds you were starting from your traction control shouldn't have been engaging anyway.
From a logical standpoint that makes complete sense and that's what I always thought as well. I've never gotten a clear definitive answer on that tho.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
From a logical standpoint that makes complete sense and that's what I always thought as well. I've never gotten a clear definitive answer on that tho.
I'd have to say that hitting it from a 80mph "roll" (if it's in fact correct to even call it a "roll" @ that speed) would not dial up your traction control. That would only engage if you were @ speeds where it was feasible to possibly spin/cherp your tires... I seriously think that only the new H/C could possibly cherp @ those speeds! ::wink::

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Actually... yes and no... Traction control would have no impact as you weren't spinning even a little at those speeds... however tq management is reduced with the button pushed, it will make a slight difference... but not much. My tune has tq management tuned out which is nice, don't have to worry about it, however I always turn the T/C off once the car starts!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Think 0 - 60 is a measly 3.6s or thereabouts... That's pretty dern swift! BUT, top speed is only 120mph, yes? I know I can hit 120 in no time!

EDIT: I stand corrected...quick check on the web has Tesla claiming 3.2s 0-60 and regulated top speed of 130 that can be upgraded to 155...still not as fast as us!

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Think 0 - 60 is a measly 3.6s or thereabouts... That's pretty dern swift! BUT, top speed is only 120mph, yes? I know I can hit 120 in no time!

EDIT: I stand corrected...quick check on the web has Tesla claiming 3.2s 0-60 and regulated top speed of 130 that can be upgraded to 155...still not as fast as us!
It's also a whole lot more $$$!

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Really badly hurt the feelings of a guy in a new BMW 750li....

From a dig at a light he got on it, I allowed a little roll out and gently rolled her to the carpet... the spanking began... it was pretty rough. The big BM moves, but it ended pretty swiftly and I let off at 4-5 lengths as it would have continued and the point was proven...

All the way to the next light he wouldn't come alongside... spoilsport! ::biggrin::

·
Registered
208 Posts
It was a day for mustangs as I raced 2 of them. First one was a 04 mach 1 from a stoplight. Kept revving his engine at me lol. Smoked him with the awd... I don't think he knew how to launch his car. Than at the next stoplight i didn't race him and he continued to rev his engine in front of me for about a good mile.

Next was a 06 GT from about 55mph and I got him also :)

My buddy has a '10 taurus sho and raced some guy in a honda vtech and it was the funniest thing ever he continued to flick us off as he turned on a different road.

Always puts a smile on my face sitting a heavy 4 door smoking the modern "muscle cars"

·
Registered
780 Posts
It was a day for mustangs as I raced 2 of them. First one was a 04 mach 1 from a stoplight. Kept revving his engine at me lol. Smoked him with the awd... I don't think he knew how to launch his car. Than at the next stoplight i didn't race him and he continued to rev his engine in front of me for about a good mile.

Always puts a smile on my face sitting a heavy 4 door smoking the modern "muscle cars"
Driver kill. Mach 1s are known for good launches and 1/8th mile times.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Really badly hurt the feelings of a guy in a new BMW 750li....

From a dig at a light he got on it, I allowed a little roll out and gently rolled her to the carpet... the spanking began... it was pretty rough. The big BM moves, but it ended pretty swiftly and I let off at 4-5 lengths as it would have continued and the point was proven...

All the way to the next light he wouldn't come alongside... spoilsport! ::biggrin::
Nicely done, silver. I'm like you, once I get ahead enough to prove the point, I hit the brakes so that they get a clear message that it's already over...although, some think that this is their cue to get back on it and overtake me as I'm slowing down. That pisses me off, so sometimes I'll walk them down and pull up beside them, then proceed to put them back in my rearview once more. ::wink::

2861 - 2880 of 2919 Posts