Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

2901 - 2920 of 2920 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,072 Posts
Well since the topic is "blown away". I absolutely destroyed a Hellcat. I almost felt bad.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Well since the topic is "blown away". I absolutely destroyed a Hellcat. I almost felt bad.
Hey Bob! Nice to see you still come around here once in a while :) Where are you running into hellcats on the street? I never even see regular SRT8s!

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Hey Bob! Nice to see you still come around here once in a while :) Where are you running into hellcats on the street? I never even see regular SRT8s!
There is a black hellkitty Charger in Naples... I see it regularly, just never at 'just the right time'.

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Si Senor yo soy bueno y usted?

Who drives these days. I got a new big wheel and I'm set. Looking for a home there still. Know the area I want to move to, but just haven't found the right place. Going down shortly to look at more.
I still drive-actually just walk in from the speed shop. Need more power.Fuel system is the current restriction. easy fix. Added meth injection-do it to yours. Lots more safe power
Awesome Bob! Great to hear from you... We don't see you much around here lately, thought you lost the love!

·
Super Moderator
5,072 Posts
Ken-long time old friend. Several in my area. 1 Charger and 3 Challenger's I see more and more One of the Chally's tried to get me to go but I would not on thre road he was on. The one I did pull won't make that mistake anytime soon. Speaking of which we still haven't gotten side by side

Awesome Bob! Great to hear from you... We don't see you much around here lately, thought you lost the love!
Lost the love-never. Work has/had become all consuming. Finally a break for a bit. How's the family??

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
Hey guys, great to see my favorite thread alive and well and great to return! Bob, must have been a manual? Lots of reports of 392's and now yours beating my cousins that don't know how to drive a Hellcat. Enjoy, win is a win.

I have a couple of encounters to report. A Merc AMG has been the only one to legit try his stuff at a stoplight. Most people either get behind or pull up and give it the oh shit and turn their heads, HA! But the AMG did not do well, my A8 hooked well, thanks to my rt foot practice from the 06SRT, and its 315/35's that are only good for straight line I have discovered. I would say by about 60-70 I casually turned on my turn signal to switch lanes in front of his beautiful car. He was going for a left lane exit so had to turn left, I saw that and simply moved from the rt lane into his prior lane just to be smart, because of the several car lengths the Mopar had on him. Porsche GTS attempted to run away from the little blue Challenger one day, he could not shake me either. I could not overtake, but he went no where. These pull like beasts guys once hooked. If you get a chance to ride or drive one, do it!

Oh yesterday lined it up to do a roast for the first time actually. I will be getting rid of the big back tires for lots of reasons, so why not do it? We have a precious few weeks at best before storage for the winter. I went WOT early in third when the smoke got thick. Then out of it on purpose into 4th. Just got that uncomfortable feeling that I was spinning fast and going faster and did not need it accidentally hooking with its torque at WOT, screw that! Went slow at the beginning keeping it below the wheel hop threshold. Glad to share with my old friends!
[nomedia]http://youtu.be/N9qNIC5dlD8[/nomedia]

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Lost the love-never. Work has/had become all consuming. Finally a break for a bit. How's the family??
Awesome Bob... Baby Brooklyn is looking more like you by the day which is suspect as my wife swears she's never met you (I'll await the support checks! Hehe)...

I understand the work thing... I've been crazy, this running your own business jazz sure is a pile of work! I'll pm you later pal and catch up!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
A Merc AMG has been the only one to legit try his stuff at a stoplight. Most people either get behind or pull up and give it the oh shit and turn their heads, HA! But the AMG did not do well, my A8 hooked well, thanks to my rt foot practice from the 06SRT, and its 315/35's that are only good for straight line I have discovered. I would say by about 60-70 I casually turned on my turn signal to switch lanes in front of his beautiful car. He was going for a left lane exit so had to turn left, I saw that and simply moved from the rt lane into his prior lane just to be smart, because of the several car lengths the Mopar had on him.

Porsche GTS attempted to run away from the little blue Challenger one day, he could not shake me either. I could not overtake, but he went no where. These pull like beasts guys once hooked. If you get a chance to ride or drive one, do it!
Man! So, was it a C63 AMG? And if so, what year? I tried to get w/ one on a roll the other week (2012+ model) and he slowly pulled away! Aren't those running 500+hp? Will be weary against newer AMGs in the future...

As far as the GTS, must have been the Turbo if he stayed in front of you! Are you kidding me? You have a Hellcat...no regular GTS, even fully equipped is going to be able to keep up w/ you! It's only rated 400-something hp...? You should've blown his doors off!

I'm confused... (scratching head)

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Man! So, was it a C63 AMG? And if so, what year? I tried to get w/ one on a roll the other week (2012+ model) and he slowly pulled away! Aren't those running 500+hp? Will be weary against newer AMGs in the future...

As far as the GTS, must have been the Turbo if he stayed in front of you! Are you kidding me? You have a Hellcat...no regular GTS, even fully equipped is going to be able to keep up w/ you! It's only rated 400-something hp...? You should've blown his doors off!

The new CLS 63 puts out 558hp bro and they roll hard, I ran side by side from 40ish to almost a ton before I started to put legs on him, the transmission in those things are a piece of art for keeping it in the powerband...

As for the 911...the 2014 Turbo S puts out 560hp and weighs nothing... They run 2.8 to 60 and pip off 11 second flat 1/4 mile times, they are a serious weapon now. They have a weird over boost feature too that allows them to spool an extra few PSI to produce close to 550lb/ft or tq for short times as well till the turbos heat up then they spool off extra boost... They really roll... Actually my bud had a run in with one on his R1 and had a hard time with it... The Germans have upped the bar a bit! Lol.

·
Super Moderator
5,072 Posts
Mere child's play these cars you speak of :). I'm looking for a good challenge. I know they are out there.

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Mere child's play these cars you speak of :). I'm looking for a good challenge. I know they are out there.
Hahaha!

You might not like playing with that new 911 Bob, they do move!

I'm just starting my forged 6.1 build, punching it out for a few cubes but keeping it square for boost. Going to be a slow build for me as I'm beefing the driveline while I'm building but the end result should be around 650-700 at the wheel if I keep things conservative. I would think at that point I will have not many people to play with... Its bad enough now at close to 500 at the wheel.

Which meth kit did you go with Bob and did you tune for it or just use it as safety?

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts

So we are ok... I believe it was a very new AMG. Wifey and I really liked the color, definitely the current model year.

Don't be confused by the Porsche. My bad, had to go look ...it was a GT3. Not the RS, and not the GTS, sorry. He blew his only advantage screwing with his launch control I think because he kept revving in front of us, when the light turned green he was peeling rubber in front of us. That is when the Hellcat went WOT because Inwas so pissed at him, with the drag radials on the back still. He did not distance us at all.

·
Super Moderator
5,072 Posts
Alky Control Kit, I like the boost reference progressive control. Yes tuned to the meth. You can really time agressively as it drops IAT's quite nicely Now this is on my Bowtie, After the tune we put down 722 but had to back down as I'm running out of fuel on top. When I head south I'll drop her off and have a stage 2 fuel system installed. I can have this sucker tuned to 800 as is.
Already ran a 911 Turbo GT2. No problem with NT05R's on back. With the Mich PSS traction below 70 becomes a 50/50 proposition.
Take your time with the build, Hold that beauty together

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've had tons of SS montes (not the 7th gen LS4 ones) and G6 GTs. Which don't even need to got WOT to show them who's boss.

My buddy's GT mustang kept up with me. Not really sure who won since we kept messing around back and forth.

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
Wow folks, been a long time! Figured this thread was my last post and hope everyone is still blowing the competition away! I am over here looking for a popular old member Northern Rider. We know some folks in Ontario, that would like to run some laps on his favorite course Calabogie. I did read his profile posts about some bad luck with his wife, hope all turned out well. I will keep checking to see if anyone knows anything.

Been into a '15 Hellcat and now a Redeye. Back to the spirt of the thread... I have been blowing tons of stuff away on road courses with our heavy sleds that they say won't turn. On the street they are mostly scared of it. Managed to stuff some 345/30's with 12" wheels on the Redeye rears, so she grabs well. I sold my 300 to a good friend. He still has it and it remains in excellent condition. Sold the same friend my '15 Hellcat. I have a one and only picture of my last two cars parked side by side.

I see some old names on here, but wow, not much activity. Hope I jazzed up the Forum! Drive safe my friends, and keep Mopar cars in the lead!

2901 - 2920 of 2920 Posts