Registered
95 Posts
Where can i find that mesh grill fopr the car

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
gshug said:
Where can i find that mesh grill fopr the car
Here is the info proveded by Lakersfan, before installing, you need to go to the billet grille thread and familiarize yourself with the process. Post 67 of the grille thread follows.
"Alright guys, heres the deal about the group buy. I couldnt get a real discount on these things because of such a high demand for them, but I was able to get shipping waived which is like $20-25. So the total price, out the door, is $265. They are based out of Michigan and should be receiving some grills as soon as this upcoming week. I have already ordered mine and you guys should hurry up and get in line!! Heres the info

Aidi Restyling
Saginaw, Michigan
989-790-1556

Ask for CHRIS, and definately mention the group puchase and the free shipping"

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had a cool run in with a guy in a 2004 durango. He pulled up next to me and we talked for a second about the cars and the light turned green and he asked me if I wanted to go. So we went at it and you can imagine the result from two stop lights but it was cool to see a huge truck like that move as fast as it did. HEMI all the way.

To add to my list of kills to date g35 coupe, and a 2004 Sl500 damn thats a sweet car it was a shame I had to kill it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I took a 750iL on a long high speed highway ride. It sure seemed like I either had it all the way, or he was unwilling to make a move. Anyway, with a recent ticket I wasn't about to go too crazy, but I NEVER would have let him by. In my overactive imagination the guy in the V12 Bimmer was just trying to get a longer glance at my lowly 300C. I love this car. :p
Of course, I will just look at my feet and grumble when talking about top speed. Any one come up with a fix for that yet? :confused:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Lexus SC thought he was bad at the intersection. Then the C made him sad.

·
Registered
54 Posts
cts the other day tried to take off on me but he got a quick lesson in what the Hemi can do.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Those guys in the CTSs are ALWAYS trying me. They seem like they need to confirm suspicion that they spent too much money on their car. They did.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I'm dying to race against the Volvo S60R. I almost bought that car... 300HP all wheel drive. Very quick. I see this guy in a in a black one often on my way to work and I can see he has a lead foot. I will throughly enjoy beating his ass. He blew me away when I had my 97 Q45... No freakin contest on that one. With the 300C however, I think it will be a different story.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It was the 255hp CTS. I'm still looking for a CTS-V to tangle with. From all of the numbers I see it putting up I'm convinced that if I find a poor driver I'll be able to smoke him.

Those S60R's are a sweet ride but BMWHAT? when you run into him and he's looking at your taillights don't forget to come back here and tell us when it happened.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have this guy at work (large company, very large parking lot). He has a WRX Wagon with a five speed. He is always lead footing and thinks he can beat anyone. He is a typical computer nerd turned dragster (not sure if there is such a thing but that is how I see him - no insults intended to anyone) who thinks he really has something. Kinda went at him in my old 2002 300M Special that had a K&N air charger in it. The results were no that good. Boy would like to run into him now. Saw him once leaving at the end of the day but we were too far apart. I know he saw me but seemed to stay away. Only car I have dragged was a Mercedes coupe few years old with the V-8. I did not smoke him but I won. He was surprised.

Bob

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ran side by side an Caddy XLR (decent car btw) and got a much better time than him. Talked to the owner afterwards, he was not too happy with his performance in the car, but was a cool guy.

·
Registered
272 Posts
gtechpro?

NYCARAUDIO said:
BMWhat? good kill. People always try and test the new cars out of the production line especially when it says hemi on the door. I passed 500 miles yesterday and then I strapped on the Gtech pro and let it rip on an undisclosed patch of land to test 0-60 and 1/4. From my average times I think that car and driver was right on with its 5.3 60 and 13.9 1/4. I got a 5.34 60 and 13.93 1/4. I expect that with more driving those numbers will come down a little bit.

And for those who care. As I was coming home on the highway I had a little run in with an smg bmw m3 and from a 60 mph go I got him by just a bit to over 100. This car is amazing from a dead stop but once it gets moving and you hit the throttle it takes off like a bat outta he$$
nycaraudio..what is gtechpro?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Last night I went from about 25mph with a c32 benz. It was a dead heat which could of gone wither way but when I shut it down I was about 1/4 of a car ahead. I'm thinking from a dead stop he would of had me but who knows. He got so mad he did a ricer fly by so I couldn't find out.

·
Registered
76 Posts
i raced one of the new audis the other night....I think its the s4 or something like that....I know its the one that has 340 hp in it I had him on the take off and most of the way and then he came up and got in front of me by about 2 feet, but I had to slow down cause I had a car infront of me, but it was the first race that i had some real competition, not sure who really one cause I had to slow down but we got up to like 80 mph on a 45mph rd....wooops! Man was it a good race though....if anyone gets a chance race one of these.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The new s4's with the 340 hp v8s are tight cars. Even though they are meant to directly compete with m3's they fall slightly short. The numbers would suggest that the 300c has a slight edge, but I wouldn't be surprised if in reality it was a driver's race.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Z2SO4 said:
The new s4's with the 340 hp v8s are tight cars. Even though they are meant to directly compete with m3's they fall slightly short. The numbers would suggest that the 300c has a slight edge, but I wouldn't be surprised if in reality it was a driver's race.
The numbers do give the edge to the C...

S4:
Base Number of Cylinders: 8 Base Engine Size: 4.2 liters
Base Engine Type: V8 Horsepower: 340 hp
Max Horsepower: 7000 rpm Torque: 302 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 3500 rpm Drive Type: AWD

300C:
Base Number of Cylinders: 8 Base Engine Size: 5.7 liters
Max Horsepower: 5000 rpm Torque: 390 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 4000 rpm Drive Type: RWD

Max torque comes on rather close in each car, but max hp is off by 2000 rpm. All this considering only about a 200 lb difference in weight and also the possible additional parasitic losses of the AWD in the S4.

·
Registered
96 Posts
jjs said:
The numbers do give the edge to the C...

S4:
Base Number of Cylinders: 8 Base Engine Size: 4.2 liters
Max Horsepower: 7000 rpm Torque: 302 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 3500 rpm Drive Type: AWD

300C:
Base Number of Cylinders: 8 Base Engine Size: 5.7 liters
Max Horsepower: 5000 rpm Torque: 390 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 4000 rpm Drive Type: RWD

Max torque comes on rather close in each car, but max hp is off by 2000 rpm. All this considering only about a 200 lb difference in weight and also the possible additional parasitic losses of the AWD in the S4.
Interesting. I didn't realize that there was such a little weight difference considering the "c" is a larger car. Good to know for the future.

And c32 is an amg unless I am mistaken. I believe it came with the v6 compressor. You may be thinking of the 320. Although I would like to see the 300c against new c55.

41 - 60 of 2920 Posts