Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what I did today .... let me know what you think ... :) :rock:

Current look underhood .....new painted cover getting installed tomorrow ... updated pics will come then :mrgreen:

·
Registered
633 Posts
I like it.. nice job

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
looks sweet. What kind of paint did you use?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Thank you !

Thank you, I used clear adhesion promoter / primer and then Rust-Oleum Bright Finish Metallic Silver Paint .... no clear on the silver

The center got the same primer, then some flat black followed by 3-4 coats of clear
Thanks a mill for the info! I was thinking of either painting my intake manifold or the cover and after seeing some of the covers people have done I'm starting to lean more and more towards painting the cover.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Looks very nice, although I think I would have left the Rams head "natural".

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks very nice, although I think I would have left the Rams head "natural".

I hate the Ram's head .... I don't think it belongs anywhere on a Charger ... my plan was to blend it in as best as possible without actually shaving it off ..

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks guys .....here it is finally got it installed this morning :)

The glossy center is making me think about re-painting the strut covers and fuse box cover black to match

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took more, better pics :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
That looks SAWEEEEET! I agree a few more black accents would take it up a notch.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Very Nice job you did there..and I also agree, a little more black would set
the Cover off. Just my opinion,
for what it's worth.
Stan

·
Registered
152 Posts
I was thinking about doing this but worried that the paint would melt or bubble or something due to the heat of the engine could you let me know how it turns out later on after drivin or if your sure it won't mess the paint up

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Preperation..is #1

I was thinking about doing this but worried that the paint would melt or bubble or something due to the heat of the engine could you let me know how it turns out later on after drivin or if your sure it won't mess the paint up
I have been modifing & re-painting these Engine Covers for 3 years, have YET to have
any problem with the paint, decals, etc. Preperation of the material is the KEY...

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have been modifing & re-painting these Engine Covers for 3 years, have YET to have
any problem with the paint, decals, etc. Preperation of the material is the KEY...
Could you tell me what you do or how you prepare the cover and what you pain and coat with

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts