Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well guys I need some opinions. I have pretty well decided NOT to accept delivery of my cool vanilla C if I have the dreaded right pull. WHAT WOULD YOU DO? I have been waiting, counting down, and bought accessories (which can be returned) well in advance of the car's arrival. The car was built on May 19 and ships 5/31 (yes Memorial day). I am going to thouroughly drive it before I plunk down my rubels to check for this problem. From what I can glean, early built cars have this problem?? To avoid any yang from the sales/service people I will personally check tire pressure before driving. To address the issue of "following the crown" I am also going to test in the LEFT lane on the freeway, if this is just following the crown then one can reasonably surmise that it should DRIFT LEFT!!! while in the left lane (a car should never pull, one of the reasons I got rid of the RX8). I am amazed DC seems to have not addressed this if all the svc. dept are blaming the crown. What's up with this elusive TSB, we seem to know about it and svc. people are clueless.

·
Registered
15 Posts
this is my second one.it seems fine although i only have 400 miles on it. the first one the dc and factory tech came with a camber bolt kit but did not use because it aligned properly on the machine so they blamed the crown and closed my claim. tell your dealer you want to drive it before taking delivery..you should know in 5-10 miles if you have a problem. good luck

·
Registered
154 Posts
its not that big of a deal bro..... mine pulls to the right too but theres a fix for it that is on order, once they get the piece in it will ride fine. IMO its pretty sill not to take a car because of something small like this. Its a first year car theres gonna be a few problems to work out. If you want the car get it, and dont let something stupid like a little pull to the right stop you.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys. It took 20K miles on my 2002 X5 before the control arms went bad something you would not expect. Regarding the C, I'm feeling much better about a problem I likely won't even have>go figure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
As the old man said on his deathbed, "I've had some hard times in my life, but most of it never happened." It's good to know about potential flaws, but relax until you know you have the problem! If you do, you'll deal with it then (not now). Relax, it'll be OK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts