Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soliciting opinions on what a new, never titled 2006 Chrysler 300C Srt8 is worth. It is dealership owned and has been in storage most of the time. It has every option available at that time....SRTI, SRTII, Kicker, Rear facing DVD and sunroof.

I'm trying to determine what price is fair considering the age (nearly 3 models years old) and the recent decline in values of gas guzzlers in the US.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Since I just bought my 300C non-SRT a few days ago on eBay of all places, I was actively looking at both the C and SRT for over a month.

A GOOD deal on a low mile 06 SRT is in the low 27k range. An exceptional deal is around 24k if you can find it - now that's used with about 20-30k miles on it.

I would have to say given the age and the fact that there's no miles I would say its a steal at 28 - 31k. I would offer $26,500 and go as high as $30,500 if it were me.

Please be sure the car is title-able. Sometimes dealer owner cars are not the best in the world cause they have in house mechanics that fix all kinds of stuff and its never reported to carfax but if its got ZERO miles on it then you dont have to worry about that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe the dealership put about 275 miles on it in the two years since it was delivered? I was told it was rarely outside in the elements, mostly on the dealership floor or in their storage facility.

I know a dealer in a close state that sold his identical car four months ago for $32k, so I figured to offer $30k and see what happens. Thanks for sharing your experience.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Just for reference my dealership had 3 '06 SRTs on the lot:

Fully loaded just under 8k miles $27,995

Fully loaded 24k miles $28,995 :dunno:

Loaded except for VES ( dvd ), 26k miles $24,995

I took the 26k mile car for the lowest price and because it was silver :cool:

Realize that even with the low miles it is still almost out of warranty, if not already, and many of the problems that a lot of owners have experienced have not had a chance to occur yet on that vehicle and had a chance to be fixed under warranty. So figure add another $1300 - $2000 for an extended warranty.

·
Registered
738 Posts
0 miles or not, it is still a 3 year old car and while the low milage is a plus it is does not change that fact. As TopTrainer said, its almost out of warranty. Look at SRT8's selling on autotrader and cars.com to get a good idea of what these cars can be had for. It is definitely a buyers market. The main I advice I would give is lowball you first couple of offers - all they can say is no and if the sales guy says no make sure he still takes it to the manager because the manager knows what the balance sheet looks looks like that month so you never know what they might accept. Just don't start your bids too high, it's a lot harder to negotiate back down. But in the end, if you get a price you are happy with jump on it - an SRT8 is almost too much fun to be legal.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a reminder guys, I'm asking opinions on what a new, never titled, fully loaded leftover still at the dealership 2006 Chrysler 300C Srt8 is worth.

I appreciate the responses on used cars, but I need more Apples to Apples comparisons if available.

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
What warranty will they offer / is left on it? Somehow I don't see a factory 3/36 still applying to a 2006 model year.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I tend to agree. Just because its got no miles on it doesn't make it the best deal in town. Check ebay, autotrader and carmax. There's plenty on there that are "cherry" with 6-10k miles on it for high 26's - 29's - that's 3 or 4k in mods you can add for the same price or a new set of wheels or just bank it. Plus, its already broken in but not old enough to be beat on too badly. Might be a good option and not all of these are owned by kids looking to do donuts or race at the track....you may find yourself a better deal. Never fall in love with a car until after the deal is done.

...and, the car is NOT New...its just got no miles on it. If you consider it as new you will pay an unecessary premium. The market discounts older cars miles or not. I would pay maybe $500 - $1000 more for the fact that it was "new" versus the exact same car with 6,000 miles on it. I think the guys here are comparing apples to apples.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Everyone has given good advice and tips in here.

You said that it's new, but it's not new because it is a 2006. Treat it as though it is a used car when coming up with your offer price and don't consider it a new car.

Just as an example, I priced a loaded 2006 SRT8 on kbb.com:

Kelley Blue Book - Trade-In Pricing Report - Chrysler, 300C - Official Kelley Blue Book Site

Here are the dealer trade numbers from kbb.com:

Condition Value

Excellent $25,950

Good $24,580

Fair $22,195

Good luck!

Just a reminder guys, I'm asking opinions on what a new, never titled, fully loaded leftover still at the dealership 2006 Chrysler 300C Srt8 is worth.

I appreciate the responses on used cars, but I need more Apples to Apples comparisons if available.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
$$$

Considering the Sticker Price was $47,895 for that car new, and the fact that it is "New" with a full 3/36 warranty on it, I'd say 31k-38k. Just depends how motivated they are to sell it, and how much you want it.

I bought that exact same car on 8/24/05 and paid 3k over sticker, plus gas guzzler tax, plus 100k mile warranty, plus service plan, plus tire/rim road hazard protection = Over 60k out the door, and don't regret it one bit.

The '06's are great cars. Don't have the fishing pole antenna (hate 'em), don't have the "New" taillights (meh), and just plain rock. In the scheme of things, a few grand either way wouldn't stop me from picking up such a bad ass car. JMHO

Good Luck,

·
Registered
89 Posts
worth to you

Remember that when you drive it off the lot it will be considered a used car with extremely low miles. If you plan on keeping for a long time it will be worth more to you personaly. You you like to trade or get a car every few years it will be worth less to you alone. I myself would make a offer of 26k and tell them you're interested in an extended warranty and then settle on about 28k with a full longer warranty. Don't get so attached that you won't walk out the door and state that you'll just keep looking. They will possibly call you back the next day. It took me 3 days to arrange the sale of my '06 C with 3700 miles in September of last year. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Soliciting opinions on what a new, never titled 2006 Chrysler 300C Srt8 is worth.
I looked on Edmunds.com which is usually spot on around here. For Harrisburg, loaded, and with 275 miles on the ODO, it said $34,165 for certified used dealer retail, and $30,365 for private party sale. I usually figure half-way in between those is a fair price for a new car, which that one would be/is. That's $32,265, but that's not a bargain price, just a fair one. Remember, the second you drive it off the lot, it's an almost 3-year old, used car, albeit with very low miles and a nice warranty. (Make sure it's got the 7/70 powertrain warranty in addition to the 3/36 bumper to bumper.) Slash another 10% down to $29k and change, and you've got yourself a bargain.

If you can't get them down that low, try to negotiate an extended warranty for part of it. Since they make money on those, they can negotiate out of their warranty profit into your buying price. With today's market, I wouldn't go higher than $30,500 cash, plus tax, title and tag, if you really love the car.

BTW, even if you'd give up your first and second born, your right arm, and a year with the hottie down the street to get into it, never, never let them know that. Mention two or three other cars that you're looking at (even though you're not) and tell them this one is just a maybe... if you could get a great deal. Mention the new Pontiac G8. Good luck!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I feel qualified to answer since I went through the same thing in January. I have the full warranty and so will you (as you already know). You should start at $30,000 and go from there. As DanRealtor stated the MSRP was $47,895 and I paid $36,000 for mine. I could have dragged it out and recieved a lower price but they were stubborn, I had to have the car and I have NO regrets. Fully loaded, Silver Steel and I LOVE it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
One more thing to look at is the gas guzzler tax. Since the car hasn't been titled yet, do you owe that also?

·
Registered
48 Posts
For what it's worth there was a loaded (minus VES) '06 CSRT8 at a Dealership on Craig's List (Seattle) for some time that I believe was registered, but never driven. It had under 300 miles (297 I believe) and I watched the price drop and drop every week. Last time I saw it was a shade under $30K. Personally, I wouldn't pay more then $32K before tax's and licensing. My .02

·
Registered
62 Posts

Thanks again.
These days, I'd think 28-30 like the other folks said...
If its untitled, the warranty would start when you bought it.
3 years/36000 miles is the standard I think..
Thats how it worked when I bought my new 06 about 8 months ago. It was untitled and had 184 miles. At the time I thought I got a good deal at 37k, but I don't mind. I love the car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A quick update:

Dealership informed me that $35,000 was the lowest they were willing to go. I used some of the advice that members shared concerning the "true" value of this new, not new vehicle in my response. I told them that I was interested and would check in from time to time to see if they still had the car and if they were willing to lower it to the $30k range.

Thanks to all who responded. Your advice was valuable.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
That is a very good idea. Call them back in a couple of weeks and tell them your offer still stands. They will want to get rid of it in time, and will be more willing to lower price. Patience will pay off. Good luck!

A quick update:

Dealership informed me that $35,000 was the lowest they were willing to go. I used some of the advice that members shared concerning the "true" value of this new, not new vehicle in my response. I told them that I was interested and would check in from time to time to see if they still had the car and if they were willing to lower it to the $30k range.

Thanks to all who responded. Your advice was valuable.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts